automatic feeder during vacation

pod

Reefing newb
i'm going away for 4 days... unfortunately i can't find anyone to come over and do the daily chores for my tank. anyone have suggestions? i'm more concerned about feeding, so i am considering one of those autofeeders. anyone with any experience? if so, which brand? thanks.

40 gal with BTA/ soft corals. two chromis, firefish, maroon clown and coral beauty.

I think those fish could go four days with just feeding off the tank. If you want an auto feeder make sure that you watch it for a week before you go. You don't want it to mess your tank up bad by overfeeding.

I also agree that you should be fine for just four days. I used a battery-powered auto feeder once, but it wasn't very reliable. It held flake food, and sometimes the flakes would get moist (from the humidity) and clog the opening and not dump out at all, or it would dump the entire contents of the container in. Sorry, I can't remember what brand it was...

forget the feeder. I would just bail town shut the lights off to kill and algea you may have if you have any and then just come back and resume normal operation

I'm thinking like Redline.
My fish at least days between frozen meals,and a lot of times 4 days.Wont bother them at all.

You people are cruel to your little wet friends.I couldn't imagine not feeding my little ones for four days.

I've read that reef fishes feed through the whole day.Only true carnivores(i.e lionfish)ever go that long without eating.

You people are cruel to your little wet friends.I couldn't imagine not feeding my little ones for four days.

I've read that reef fishes feed through the whole day.Only true carnivores(i.e lionfish)ever go that long without eating.

Mines always eating stuff on the rock.So its not like their actually going hungry for 3 or 4 days.There is natural foods living in the tank,and I figure a natural diet is better than a frozen diet anyday.

Back