Automatic feeder

Nonfamous

Reefing newb
Okay, so I have a question about automatic feeders. I'll have to do some traveling around the holidays. I'll be gone, at the longest, 4 days. I'm thinking of getting an auto feeder. Any recommendations? I feed frozen right now so I'll have to try different food. How will the gel food work in these? Will it work in these? I have a sample of the Instant Ocean Seaweed Blend that came in my bucket of salt and figured I'd give it a try. Any recommendations for a dry food to use with these? Again, I have a sample of Nutrafin MAX I can try out.

Anyone use an auto feeder? I only have 4 fish. 3 Green Chromis and one small clown. 20 snails and 1 sandsifter starfish too.

I would get a local kid to come take care of your tank while you are gone. I have seen those automatic feeders to malfunction and dump the entire contents into the tank, causing the tank to crash because no-one saw it happen. Also all the fish seem to hate that gel stuff. A few members on here tried it and the fish totally turned their noses up at it. If worse comes to worse, they will be fine not eating for that amount of time.

I would get a local kid to come take care of your tank while you are gone. I have seen those automatic feeders to malfunction and dump the entire contents into the tank, causing the tank to crash because no-one saw it happen. Also all the fish seem to hate that gel stuff. A few members on here tried it and the fish totally turned their noses up at it. If worse comes to worse, they will be fine not eating for that amount of time.

+1 to this. Also... Sandsifters really don't do well unless they are in huge, well established systems.

Back