Automatic fish feeder?

DepWraith

Reefing newb
Going on a cruise for a week and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on a dependable/good automatic fish feeder? I have two clowns and three green chromis.

I have one. Its a digital Eheim unit. Easy to program and dispenses various types of dry foods. I can say I haven't had an issue with it and that it seems to work fine. I only use it for short, one week or less, trips. Extended trips like our Bahamas excursion this summer, I hired a local kid to feed the tank.

Be advised that feeding dry "flakes" and pellets can and will make your Phosphates go sky high is a very short period of time. I have seen it first hand in my tank. Do a good WC before you leave and do another as soon as you return to minimize the effects.

I have not had any that have worked very well. :( Some of them have a tendency to jam up and not release food, while others have a tendency to dump all the food at one time. You would be better off having a friend come over a few times to check on things and feed them.

Back