Automatic fish feeder?

Discussion in 'New to Reefing' started by DepWraith, Sep 8, 2012.

1. DepWraith

DepWraith

Going on a cruise for a week and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on a dependable/good automatic fish feeder? I have two clowns and three green chromis.

DepWraith, Sep 8, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. DepWraith

Nonfamous

I have one. Its a digital Eheim unit. Easy to program and dispenses various types of dry foods. I can say I haven't had an issue with it and that it seems to work fine. I only use it for short, one week or less, trips. Extended trips like our Bahamas excursion this summer, I hired a local kid to feed the tank.

Be advised that feeding dry "flakes" and pellets can and will make your Phosphates go sky high is a very short period of time. I have seen it first hand in my tank. Do a good WC before you leave and do another as soon as you return to minimize the effects.

Nonfamous, Sep 8, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. DepWraith

appleton

If you're going to have someone come by to top up your sump tank just have them feed your fish.

appleton, Sep 12, 2012
  4. DepWraith

Bifferwine I am a girl

I have not had any that have worked very well. :( Some of them have a tendency to jam up and not release food, while others have a tendency to dump all the food at one time. You would be better off having a friend come over a few times to check on things and feed them.

Bifferwine, Sep 12, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question