awsumfish's 180 Reef - 1 Year Old

awsumfish

SHARK!!!!!!!!
So here is my 180 G Reef after 1 Year. I researched a full year before I started my Reef and studied various sources. I have found that the best source for learning is the internet because so many people are willing to give Great advice. LISTENING to the advise however is the key to success.

TAKE IT SLOW AND LET IT GROW. is my favorite Quote.. :coolgleem

So here is my little Reef as of a month ago, Enjoy and give me some feedback......

Surferdude 52910 video by surferdudesbucket - Photobucket

Gorgeous tank, Awsumfish! How many yellow tangs do you have? I thought I saw 2 foxfaces, or maybe just the tail of another fish :D I'm sure your expertise will be greatly appreciated here!

Nice looking stuff!
I loooooove that huge green monti-cap.
I have one just like it and it's growing the same way... straight up.
But then i have an orange one that is growing completely flat like a dinner plate. So weird. lol

Monti Pora is my favorite....I've been offered 700 for that piece but i'm keeping it for now. Thanks for the reply.

Aren't the xenias a PITA?[/QUOTE]

X's are a pain but I like the flowing motion but they can be quite supplimentary in removing Phosphates from the water. That's my reason for having the large cluster.

Thanks for all the nice comments, Cool Sight BTW!!!!

Thats a great looking tank.
I think thats the first time I've seen a squirrelfish in a reef tank.

Last edited:
Thanks Josh.

I still have quite a was to get to where I want to be. Coral selection is key and I have some great ideas.

I see your in Australia....I was thinking of going there to do some diving some day, what are some places that might be interesting for Coral Viewing?

Thanks in advance.

He likes big FISH and he can not lie!
You other reefers can't deny! :mrgreen:

Too Funny!! and True.

When I bought these guys they were all small except for the Blue Jaw. The Fox Faces were only about 2 Inches. These fish are all adults and will be buying the Fish Farm soon if you know what I mean, just like my YT that died last week.

Back