Az No3 - Bta - Euthanasia?

I have about 8 kenya trees, three different types of mushrooms, I have xenia, I have several different types of zoas and polyps and I have a cabbage coral. I used to have more but gave them away when algae started taking over! I feared for their little lives.

Which? I still have all the softies and polyps. I've had those for a while, almost a year? The algae started covering the other corals.

Zoas and polyps haven't grown or spread at all since I got them. They seem to be stunted. I started with one Kenya tree, now I have eight (that I can see, there are probably a bunch of little ones on the ground in the back too). Cabbage has grown a little, but not too much. I would like it to grow faster! Xenia and shrooms have grown and spread too.

interesting your cabbage has grown little I purchased one sat and it has doubled in size wierd what type of light do you have it in??

I have T5s. You know, they said it was a cabbage at my LFS when I bought it, but it doesn't look anything like any cabbages I've seen pictures of. And I can't seem to identify it when I look it up... Maybe I should post a pic to confirm that it's a cabbage. It's pink and green.

Last edited:
Seems to be under control. Nitrates still at 0. Phosphates, not sure! The test that I have reads .1 for EVERYTHING I test. But the algae's not coming back, so it seems like I'm out of the dark green woods (for now). Been algae free for a few weeks now, so we'll see how long I can keep it up. I added a few new corals (some softies and LPS) so the algae had better not come back!

Probably a combination of things. My chaeto is growing well. I added a phosphate reactor filled with nitrate sponge. I stopped feeding flake food. Coralline has been doing well and spreading. My sea hare has cleaned up any algae that was left on the rocks. I'm thinking of buying a second phosphate reactor for Phosban, since they're so cheap. HELP! I've already run out of room in my brand new sump!!! I have an extra skimmer sitting around that I want to use but have nowhere to put it... God, it feels like I'm constantly upgrading everything... No matter what I do, it's never enough! Buy, buy, buy. Things are going well for now, hopefully won't need to buy anything for a while. Besides my reflectors and some new corals, of course.

Back