[B]I FEEL SO[/B] small

HAWKS12thMAN

NWKRC THUG!
VIEWER DESECRATION IS ADVISED Since there have been very few new threads posted recently.... I have once again decided to whine, moan, bicker and complain in Reef Talk.
Women say "size doesn't matter"... (Not that I have have "that" problem.... they don't call me tube sock for nothing ladies.... just jokin..lol) But, I am actually starting to believe that statement may not be true.... :mrgreen:, we all know you ladies just say that so you don't look superficial or make your boyfriend or husband or both feel bad.....again just jokin....lol... we don't need 100 thread replies about how I'm a pig, everyone already knows!
Anyways back to my main point. I am a proud owner of three beautiful little reef tanks (A 55, 24, 12). Most people would be more than satisfied with the "equipment" I own. But I cant help but feel my "package" is a little small. Who am I kidding I feel like my main tank is hung like a two year old! "Its not the size of the fish in the sea but, its the motion of the ocean". I feel like I own a freakin hurricane but I'm missing the d@mn Humpback whale!
I have made very significant upgrades since I first started reefing. I thought a 55 was a pretty big tank and I wouldn't have to buy another one for years and years to come (they look so big when there empty in the store). Now every time I look at my tank it seems so little. I feel it should be a refugium/sump, not a reef tank. "I'm having competency issues d@mn it!" I feel like that guy that jacks his truck up 15 inches...... Or the guy that buys a corvette when he turns 40!
I cant help but want to go BIGGER! Not with just tank size but everything, lights, filters, skimmers, etc, etc,etc. I don't want it anymore "I need it". I'm always justifying spending my play money on my tank.
I know I'm not the only one here! Some of you are just in denial and wont admit it.... I'm not gunna start naming names (cough) Jerm, Jhnrb, freak, redline (cough).
I need some freaking help! Do they make Enzite for natural tank enhancement?

180 here! if i can just talk my wife into getting rid of the love seat or couch so i will have a place to put it. we don't have company that much dear, and when we do they can just set at the dining room table. and we have lawn chairs we can bring in! but she won't go for it. we don't really need new clothes. we can save that money for live rock. if we skip only two car payments it will buy one awesome light setup. but, she won't go for that either. so, i'm stuck with my 55 for a while.

180 here! if i can just talk my wife into getting rid of the love seat or couch so i will have a place to put it. we don't have company that much dear, and when we do they can just set at the dining room table. and we have lawn chairs we can bring in! but she won't go for it. we don't really need new clothes. we can save that money for live rock. if we skip only two car payments it will buy one awesome light setup. but, she won't go for that either. so, i'm stuck with my 55 for a while.

Fish,
I think we married the same woman:censored:

I wanna go 180 or bigger,Just gotta convince the wife to let me black out the living room window,And you can guess what thats like:fechten2:

Good grief - who would want to take care of such a big a$$ tank - I can barely keep up with my 46 gallon!

I think its women who put it in our brains ''bigger is better''.I know I've already been bitten by that bug.You only live once,so go for it Hawk.That goes for Biff,Yote and everyone else.We can all learn from Jhnrb,nothing needs to be rush.

I hear ya on that one Hawk. I have plans for two more tanks in addition to the 90 and 125 I currently have. I just can't fit all the angelfish I want into my 125. I regret not going with the 210 when I had the chance, eventhough my LFS told me to go as big as possible for this very reason. I think it is a matter of having the space (huge restriction for many people), the money (another potential restriction, although with careful planning, most bigger tanks can be done), and the time. We all have "tank fantasies" once we experience success with our reefs, especially when we surf the net to find pics of existing tanks that just blow our minds (I have seen a few that could easily make me feel less than manly).

As for your other personal issues regarding feeling capable, competent, or secure...I have an appointment available on Thursday afternoons...:wink: just kidding....

-Dr Marco :sfish:

I'm with AD here. I love big tanks but I dont want to have to mantain a big one. Thats why I sold my 125 instead of turning it into saltwater.

Hawk, you should write a book....... LOL........

I totally know where you are coming from. I have a 55 now and I do want a bigger. However, I did make an agreement with MYSELF that I will never go bigger than a 75. I just can't justify spending tons of money on something larger. A person never wants to think about a tank crashing but in reality, it is bound and CAN happen. Yeah, losing everything in a 75 gallon would not be cheap, but losing everything in a fully stocked 120 or a 240 would be heart breaking as well as depressing. I don't know, this is just me. It doesn't help that I have a dozen other expensive hobbys.

Enzite for natural tank enhancement? hahaha thats great! yes I feel ya of course. My 80 hasnt even dropped its balls yet (finished cycling) and im already feeling size issues. I mean my 36 is great for my room but I need something massive in the living room. Sadly, I dont feel that I will be seeing a larger tank untill I am able to buy my own house.

Fish,
I think we married the same woman:censored:

I wanna go 180 or bigger,Just gotta convince the wife to let me black out the living room window,And you can guess what thats like:fechten2:

I wanted Bigger the day i got my 55 set up.

The wife is letting me black out the window ! all you need to do is have your tank turn GREEN :mrgreen: and say that the window caused it !

I won't be happy until I can swim with my fish :mrgreen:

As far as bigger tanks being harder to care for its actually just the opposite. If you plan right a 200 gallon water change can be a peice of cake.... Thats what I do on my 850 every 4 to 6 months...:Cheers:

Back