baby kenya trees not opening

Are you sure the LFS has kenya trees in their tanks? Or are they colt corals? Colts look very similar, but aren't nearly as noxious.

............ #%@$

the things you wish an LFS would just tell you before you make a dumb#$@ mistake...

looks like these bad boys are goin in the trash soon (:

How long would you say I have before I need to toss um?

Make sure its NOT a colt coral before you get all flustered.
Matter of fact.If you can post a pic,we can probably tell you.

I asked the guy if he had any baby kenya trees and he said let me check... found them quite fast.

100_1283.jpg

This one is actually almost done splitting..
Hopefully you can still tell if it's a kenya... it opened up, but I moved it and it closed again..

Definitely a kenya tree(capnella).I recommend running carbon because it removes the chemicals kenya trees use as protection....keeping other corals from growing near it.

No,you are okay for now.If you are going to have more soft corals(including the kenya),it's a good idea to run carbon for a few days to a week once a month.

I have to disagree. I have had kenya for two years and think it's a very nice coral. Then again mine doesn't spread just grows up and out. Mine has dropped maybe two babies in two years the only way I get it to spread is to cut and stick and frag somewhere.

I suppose I can't be certain because I thought a pic of a colt was kenya. I got it from another reefer on here and he said it's kenya

Here's a pic.
AAAbobbyspics014.jpg

Back