baby snails

cthegame

Reef enthusiast
I see a lot of tiny (super tiny) baby snails everywhere. At first you dont notice but if you look long enough they are everywhere. What should i do? Will the fish snack on them? I dont want this many snails in my tank.

Thanks.

or they will be gone in a day from fish having a mid day snack, all my snails lay eggs every three weeks and it doesnt bother me, because before i can notice em all the fish take care off them

Since setting up my fuge,I've been noticing tiny snails in it.
If they live,its good.If the fish get em,then its just home grown fish food.

They are most likely collinista snails,one of the few snails that actually reproduce in a our close systems.They are harmless algae grazers and always stays tiny.A picture may help us give a definite identification.

I have thousands,if not millions.I generally see very few when the lights are on but see tons after the lights goes out.

I tend to agree with Freak -- probably collonista snails, not babies at all. If they are babies of a larger species of snail, chances are very slim that they will survive to adulthood. They'll get eaten fast.

They are most likely collinista snails,one of the few snails that actually reproduce in a our close systems.They are harmless algae grazers and always stays tiny.A picture may help us give a definite identification.

I have thousands,if not millions.I generally see very few when the lights are on but see tons after the lights goes out.

Freak, you're a wealth of knowledge who doesn't write an essay just to get a point across (cough, caugh, YOU KNOW WHO cough)

I have learned a lot from you and this is yet another thing i have learned.

Same goes to you biff.

I tried getting cough cough to get to the point. Just wasnt in his style. I think its because he had some much info to give that his thoughts wandered a little and he typed like one would speak.

Reeffreak,

it must to nice to know everyone loves you... :mrgreen::mrgreen:

My guess is that the snails will become a snack, and that is OK.

-Doc

Back