Baby Snails?

tonyg

Reefing newb
For the past few months, snails have been laying their eggs all over my rocks. I think some have been hatching, Last night I noticed what looked like tiny white snails, almost all over the place. With the day lights on I can only see a few of them. There are so many eggs that if the majority of them hatch I might have a problem. Is there anything I should do to keep them under control or will they manage themselves?

Thanks for the advice!

They might be collonista snails, which are very common to see on the rocks at night, but disappear during the day. They aren't baby snails, just very small snails. Most of the time, the snail eggs get eaten by everything else in the tank before they can hatch.

They might be collonista snails, which are very common to see on the rocks at night, but disappear during the day. They aren't baby snails, just very small snails. Most of the time, the snail eggs get eaten by everything else in the tank before they can hatch.

I looked up the collonista snail, I think your right. The guys in my tank are so tiny its hard to say for sure though.

Back