back after a break

jcegt87

Dude Dude DUDE!!!!!!
Hey guys well i finnaly decided to come back to the very missed and beloved hobby of salt water fishies ^_^ ...:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::Cheers::Cheers::Cheers:

hmmm and of course the LR forums

as some of you may know and some may not i lost my 75G tank during hurricane ike so i decided to sell everything that had anything to do with it

my mother tank on the other hand was perfectly fine during and after the storm >.> (freshwater) i resently moved and finnaly have my own place and i brought the 30G freshwater tank with me unfortunately the fish couldnt handly another move and died (only had 2 but still :*(

actually now that i think about it one died of constipation and i wquess the other died of loneliness

i checked the water levels and everything checked out fine guessing just really bad stress during the move...so tonight i went to the LFS and got some salt ....

so i guess my question is ....and forgive my noobishness but to make the transfer from FW to SW would that be all i need or ?

oh yeah also got sand

i still have my koralia 3 running

i DO not have a protein skimmer nor do i have strong lighting because i do not plan on having corals as of now( but later yes)

what im wondering is because i did have the other fish in there would i still have to do the raw shrimp thing or would it be sufficient with the bacteria they left behind???

um well anyway good to be back and i cant wait to get responces :):^::^::^::^::^::^:

Welcome back!AFT,I haven't heard that term in awhile.

If I'm understanding the question correctly you will need to start over.There are different set of nitrifying bacteria in saltwater and freshwater.Dump all the freshwater out and rinse the tank well then convert it over to startwater.

thanks guys :^::^:

yeah and the aft was back when biff used to be cool and not working for the man :grumble: :mrgreen:

Welcome back!!! I've been wondering about you lately. It's about time you got back in the hobby! There are fish waiting to be killed!! :lol:

Be sure to start a new Tank Showcase thread!!

Last edited:
Back