Back in the game! (I hope!)

Melonbob

Reef enthusiast
Well, it looks like I've got Mel talked into jumping back into the game! After a crazy two years, and a move all the way across Canada up to the Arctic, we are settled and I've really got the bug. Why the hell did I sell everything?

Anyways, my promise was 50G MAX. We are living in a 4 bedroom townhouse, but after moving our 2400sqft house into it, its awful cramped! Plus, I work at a remote site, and I'm gone for 14 days of the month, so Mel doesn't want to be working on a tank full time while I'm gone.

Anyways, I'd like to try something unique looking as far as a tank design, something maybe rimless, or a really stunning shape. Any ideas?

left the big nickel last spring, I am now up in Yellowknife, NWT diggin up diamonds.....

Kinda leaning towards a Red Sea Max or somthing similar. Shipping up here is a chore, so I'd like something plug n play....

left the big nickel last spring, I am now up in Yellowknife, NWT diggin up diamonds.....

Kinda leaning towards a Red Sea Max or somthing similar. Shipping up here is a chore, so I'd like something plug n play....

If you want some inspiration, look up other people's RSM videos on youtube! There's some nice ones.

I think you can mod some/all plug and play tanks too.

WOW! That is a long ways up there. Never been that far north. how's the diamond mining business? Isn't everything flown in? The Red Sea Max looks like a good choice if space is limited. I looked at it a while ago, but it was too small for my basement.

yeah, it's up there alright. the temperature has already hit -40 this winter, and I don't think its really been warmer than 0F since late November. Diamond mining has been treating me better than nickel mining, especially since Mel got a job with the other diamond mine up here. Supplies are driven in, with a ferry in the summer and ice road in the winter. The mine is another couple hundred miles north of Yellowknife and they build an ice road or fly everything in by hercules.

yeah, it's up there alright. the temperature has already hit -40 this winter, and I don't think its really been warmer than 0F since late November. Diamond mining has been treating me better than nickel mining, especially since Mel got a job with the other diamond mine up here. Supplies are driven in, with a ferry in the summer and ice road in the winter. The mine is another couple hundred miles north of Yellowknife and they build an ice road or fly everything in by hercules.

You just taught me something. Guess I should watch that Ice road trucker's show on TV.

For anyone who's interested, creep me on FB, Bob Ruff. I have lots of pics of the mine, the wildlife, and Yellowknife in general.

Back