Bad crab!

OK so I have 2 emerald crabs, I got a small rock with a few corals on it last night and the crab has already started picking at it? So I put some seaweed on a clip and set it down right in front of the crab, I moved the coral rock to a new location. This morning I checked and the crab was eating the seaweed that is good! Well is my crab just hungry? Or should I be worried, I got them to help with an algae and they have done great at it most of it has cleared up. But is this a sign of things to come?:grumble:

I was going to get some hermit crabs this weekend but I don't know this is changing my mind!

here is the new coral rock (before) The crab took a chunk out of the green stripped.
IMG_4891.jpg

Good catch by scummy. They are known to have an affinity for bubble algae and it looks like that's what you have right underneath your shroom.

yeah, the emerald is going after that bubble algae under the green mushroom and there is some algae i can see right behind the xenia on the rock

Yep,The crab was just after the algae thats close to those corals.
BTW,Thats a nice looking rock.2 types of xenia and 2 types of mushrooms.Super nice:D

Nice rock. I have all of them corals. Mine were about the same size when I got mine. I started with one of them red mushrooms and now I have over 14. Plan on fragging it. The xenias multiply like rabbits. The stripped mushroom also multiplies pretty quick.

Yep, as others said, the emerald crab will likely eat any bubble algae. They don't grow too big and *usually* don't hurt your fish or coral.

Back