Bad experienc on ReefCentral & looking for a better forum?

Robka

Reefing newb
I just had a horrible experience @ ReefCentral of which I have been a member since 2008 and am looking for a new home. The Admin department were rude, insulted me, told me to go elsewhere and basically acted like jerks. I was never rude at any point in my posts and quite frankly do not want to be treated that way by anyone. So if there is a moderator, member or anyone else here that can read how I was treated (links below) and then let me know if this site would treat me the same way or not, I would love to hear from you so I can find a new forum to help me and others with their love of this hobby:) Thanks, Robka

Reef Central Online Community

Last edited:
I'm not a member there so cant view your links. But I never joined because of other stories like yours that I've heard over the years. You shouldn't run into that kind of thing here. (Just looked for a welcome smiley but there isnt one) So welcome to the site!

P.S. MODS you cant possibly have that many smilies and not have a welcome one. jus sayin. :D

Reef Central Online Community[/QUOTE]

I'm not a member there so cant view your links. But I never joined because of other stories like yours that I've heard over the years. You shouldn't run into that kind of thing here. (Just looked for a welcome smiley but there isnt one) So welcome to the site!

P.S. MODS you cant possibly have that many smilies and not have a welcome one. jus sayin. :D

this is a great site to be on

Hello and welcome!! We'll do out best to treat you right. :)

Thanks so much for the warm welcome, sounds like you guys are happy with this forum so I am looking forward to giving it a go:). I love this hobby and forums like these r so helpful.

Thanks again,
Robka

welcome to the forum! i agree with you man, most of the reefcentral people are assholes... i never liked that forum. i thought it seemed like more of a place where people showcase their awesome tanks, don't accept criticism, and will not go out of their way to help others. just my two cents. but its great to have you!

Hello and welcome to the site...glad to have you aboard. They lose a lot of members because of their practices I hear.

Welcome to the forum!!! Hope you enjoy the site.
We are friendly enough!!! :)

welcome to the forum! i agree with you man, most of the reefcentral people are assholes... i never liked that forum. i thought it seemed like more of a place where people showcase their awesome tanks, don't accept criticism, and will not go out of their way to help others. just my two cents. but its great to have you!

Hello and welcome to the site...glad to have you aboard. They lose a lot of members because of their practices I hear.

Hello and Welcome!

Hopefully you find this to be a better home!

I think I have received more positive feedback from this one thread than i did in in four years of Reefcentral postings;)

Thanks again for the warm welcome:)

Robka

Hey, this is a great bunch of peeps here, and as long as YOU don't start being rude a-la-reefcentral, we won't be rude back :) (but it has happened....usually when noobs come in and ask for advice, then rudely refuses the advice because they apparently know more than we do, which begs to question why they asked for advice in the first place :mrgreen:)

Welcome to LR!

Welcome to the site...always nice to see a new person that has a clue...as for me...I am clueless but I have a great time....:Cheers:

Hey, this is a great bunch of peeps here, and as long as YOU don't start being rude a-la-reefcentral, we won't be rude back :) (but it has happened....usually when noobs come in and ask for advice, then rudely refuses the advice because they apparently know more than we do, which begs to question why they asked for advice in the first place :mrgreen:)

Welcome to LR!

Thanks for the welcome. I treat people the way I like to be treated so no worries here:). That's y I was so mad that the RC moderators were acting like rude bullies.

Welcome. :regular_w
I think you'll find LR to be made up of a great group of people.

Just keep in mind that questioning a mod's decision in the open forums, especially after threads have been closed, is never a good idea. ;)

Welcome...Lots of knowledge and great people here!

Damn internet lines are frozen up here and it takes forever for my messages to get out.

Welcome. :regular_w
I think you'll find LR to be made up of a great group of people.

Just keep in mind that questioning a mod's decision in the open forums, especially after threads have been closed, is never a good idea. ;)

If I was rude or argumentative I would understand that treatment, but the rude behavior, attacking me and then telling me to basically get lost, and that I'm not owed an explanation was a little much and others on the thread agreed that they were out of line. As soon as others sided with my assessment they immediately shut the thread down. Nothing like censorship in a question and answer forum. Anyways I took their advice and went elsewhere, so thank you for the warm welcome:)

Back