Bad Tank Mommy :(

KarenJax

Certified Master Stylist
I asked Katie to snap these pics and send them to me. I can't give any parameters at the moment, I'm still at work. I'm guessing cyano?
b665c066.jpg

af75fe9d.jpg

That's what it looks like to me. Do a couple extra water changes and add a little flow to those areas. We all fight it from time to time.

yea plus one to pheasent but thats not gunna get rid of it unless u stop over feeding. And find out where your problem really lies. Usually overfeeding but theres a reason its there.

Id def, move that ric before the cyno grabs it lol....do a 10-15% water change tonight while vacummeing up what u can......when it started covering my rocks i would tank my powerhead and blow it off the rocks and catch the crap with my fish net. A mini black out would help to.....keep your lights off for a min of 24hrs....idk i still have tiny spots in my tank but when they are big like that u need to nip that in the bud before it consumes your whole substrate. Goodluck

Oh lord. Now the clowns are going to stare at me with their cute eyes and the shrimp are going to dance and wave at me HEY feed us!!!! Ok cutting back on food

Picking up fresh saltwater today for water changes. After I change the water and vacuum the sand, I'll do a blackout. I'm guessing this won't hurt my corals ?

Not for a few days. The corals will be just fine. Remember that in the ocean not everyday is cloudless. They do have hurricanes and storms that cover up the sun :)

Not for a few days. The corals will be just fine. Remember that in the ocean not everyday is cloudless. They do have hurricanes and storms that cover up the sun :)

Haha John!!! Living in Florida I never would have guessed that :shock: :mrgreen:
Thanks for the reassurance though. I've been such a horrible tank mommy lately.

Don't feel bad Karen, I noticed the same stuff on my tonga rock this morning. I just moved the PHs to blow in that area. Luckily I have a couple of nerites that will actually eat the stuff. I know which ones they are and just moved them over to the area...its almost gone this evening.

Back