Baeya's Seahorse tank

Thank you! They are just so cool! So funny to watch the female with eggs prance around like her $h1t don't stink and enticing the males. The males have their pouches all big and trying to get her attention. Look! My pouch is bigger than his pouch!! Choose me! Choose Me! The other female looks like she is getting chubby, too.

Woah,
I'm totally blown away. I had no idea they were so animated. I'm ....going to have to have a tank in a few months!!!!! I'm .. amazed and have got to have a tank! AFTER this in is perfectly stable.

Oh! You will have so much fun with them if you get some!
I ordered from oceanrider.com because of the great 400+ pages of tutorial they want you to read before your purchase. A lot of people say their prices are too high but, I compared their 'specials' prices to that of seahorsesource.com and found that they are the same. Seahorsesource.com also has a great reputation for their horses and a great probiotic that I bought from them to dose the tank daily with. From what I hear, Dan from Seahorsesource.com is great with his customers and he can be found on the seahorse forum always helping with questions and concerns.

There is a forum at seahorse.org (click on discussion forum when on home page) just for seahorse people. The forum is a bit of a pita to get accepted to but, they are a great group of helpful people with seahorses. They won't tell you "don't get seahorses cause your inexperienced and they will die" and "your tank has to be at least nine months old before putting seahorse in or they will die".

I'm setting up a tank for dwarfs soon, too.

I witnessed a seahorse mating last night. The fat female with eggs wasn't involved, though...
The other female which didn't look fat to me mated. It was amazing to watch! I used my cell phone to capture a few pictures as I didn't want to go get my camera and miss anything. They made several attempts and then they finally connected correctly. Right after, the male went off and did some jerking and weird movements. I've read that he will do that to settle the eggs into a comfortable place in his pouch.
Brutus-20130105-00001.jpg

Brutus-20130105-00005.jpg

Brutus-20130105-00006.jpg

I guess this means you are officially a seahorse breeder... I guess you will have to make your own certificate .. I'm all out of them.:Cheers:

I guess this means you are officially a seahorse breeder... I guess you will have to make your own certificate .. I'm all out of them.:Cheers:

LOL!! I'm not going to break my arm patting myself on my back, yet. I still have a long way to go. If and when he gives birth (the female that 'danced' with him didn't look like she was with eggs. The other female in the tank is obvious with eggs. That's why the question.) I still need to take out the babies and raise them. If and when that happens and I'm successful, I will take that certificate.....after you re-stock them of course!>|<

Back