Bangai Cardinals

well i have been trying for 3 days now to catch the egg carrying cardinal ... its been about 3 weeks now since he quit eating and i am afraid that since i cant catch him he will just have to release the eggs into the DT ... i will have to keep an eye on things ... it seems like the other 3 females have been bothering him constantly ... i sure hope they arent attempting to try to spawn already ... the male needs to eat and recover before taking on the task again ... maybe i will have better luck next time catching him ... i doubt it though

well i have an update ... after my failed attempt to save the first batch ... we are pregnant and carrying again ... hopefully i will have better luck when i go fishing this time

i may just do that if i get as mad this time as i did last time ... i almost said screw and broke out the dynamite!

i may just do that if i get as mad this time as i did last time ... i almost said screw and broke out the dynamite!

Now thats the attitude I'd take:mrgreen:

Dustin,I really dont think that Goose has enough time for me to catch that cardinal.Go back and look at just how long I hunted that mantis shrimp:D

well as i posted on the 7th that i had a cardinal carrying ... if that wasnt enough i have 2 more trying to go at it again ... i am including a short video of their mating dance ... so far they havent reproduced but are trying very hard ... at least the female is

Last edited:
You need to round all those guys up and get them in a propagation tank of some sort. Cool video, reminds me of a night in the club, guy wont dance girl rubs all up on him to get him ready. Cool video.

i do have a tank set up but i cant catch the damn fish LOL ... i have been trying ... had one batch already lost in my DT

another update ... i now have two cardinals carrying ... and with no idea how to catch them i guess the eggs will be lost in the DT again ... damn the luck! i am still exploring ideas on how to catch them ... had some good ideas earlier in the thread but havent had any luck

Back