Bangaii Cardinal Pair Bonded?

jamespias

Paranoid Reefer
I bought a pair of (what I was told was) bonded Bangaii Cardinals. I've had them for a little over a week, and they seem to be doing fine (eating, swimming fine, generally being fish)...

I'm wondering if anyone knows if it's normal that they don't "hang out together." They don't ever fight. No aggression has ever been seen, but the one chills in it's spot on the right side of the tank, and the other in a cave on the left. I've always thought that Bangaii's were more of a schooling fish, and had the assumption that a boned pair would hang out together. Should I be worried that they aren't bonded, and maybe one day I'll end up with a problem of aggression on my hands? Will they mostly do what they are doing now, and just hang out together when it's time to breed?

I had put a lot of thought into getting a bonded pair of cardinals and would be a bit disappointed (to say the least) if they weren't what I received from my LFS...

I emailed divers den about this once and what they consider a bonded pair are just two fish that get along with each other in a tank. Now some day they may become a mated pair and start paying eggs or they might never. Also, clowns are really the only fish we keep that pair up and stay together. Most other fish will swim together a little but swim separately even other mated pairs.

+1 bl1...plus bangaii's pretty much just float there in one spot LOL except mine...mine actually did swim the length of the tank. Give them time either way...they might start hanging out together once the stress from the move is gone. As long as they're eating, I wouldn't worry.

In a tank your size if there was going to be aggression, I think you would have seen it by now. I am sure that both of the cardinals are aware of the other ones presence. I wouldn't be too worried about it and just give it some time

Back