Barbara's Showcase

bwilhite

Reefing newb
One year ago this month I got my first saltwater tank. It was a 42 gal Hex. Within 7 months I was already wanting to upgrade. I bought a 110 gal with stand and canopy from the same LFS I had bought the 42 gal Hex, I had decided to go with a FOWLR tank because I wanted a Picasso Trigger really bad. I also wanted to see both sides of the tank so I decided to use the tank as a room divider between the living room and dining room. Slowly I got everything set up.

Just the other day I donated my Blue Line Trigger, Dog Face Puffer and Snowflake eel to a school that has a 240 gal tank. In order to catch the fish I had to take all the rock out so decided to rearrange my rocks. I love it so much better now and ran out and got a good size Clarkii Clown and Lawnmower Blenny. I plan to find a suitable Sea Anemone for the Clown. My long term plan is as my Triggers outgrow their tank I will find them large suitable homes and go back to non aggressive fish so I can enjoy stars, CUC ,corals and some more interesting fish!110 gal tank with base and canopy in cherry wood 5ft long 51/2ft tall 18 in deep
Panorama Marine LED 50 watts 12K white/445nm blue with timer and remote control
2 Aqueon 1250 and 1 Hydor 1150 circulation pumps
Finnex Titanium Digital Control Heater
Custom sump with refugium
Macro Glo refugium light
In sump Eshops S-200 Protein Skimmer,
BRS Duel Reactors for carbon and GFO
Custom auto top off tank with ATO self-leveling controller
Diehard inverter with a Werker battery for outage back up. Provides approx 5 hoursPicasso, Niger, Clown Triggerfish. Sailfin Tang, Clarkii Clown, Lownmower Blenny, and several Leather corals

Just added a Spotted Hawk Fish

Today I added a Hippo Tang, Diamond Goby and a Long Tentacle Anemone.

Attachments

• Big Tank.JPG
    Big Tank.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 349
  • Big Tank Sunp.JPG
    Big Tank Sunp.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 297
  • Tank Photo 1.JPG
    Tank Photo 1.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 271
  • tank LC.JPG
    tank LC.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 250
  • Tank fish.JPG
    Tank fish.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 254
  • Lawnmower blenny.JPG
    Lawnmower blenny.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 257
  • fish 2.JPG
    fish 2.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 256
  • Tank in mirror 2.JPG
    Tank in mirror 2.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 251
  • Hawk.JPG
    Hawk.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 258
  • tank LTA.JPG
    tank LTA.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 232
  • tank Hippo.JPG
    tank Hippo.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 235
Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a side few of the tank. I was happy with the rock rework because there are fewer dead spot and the line of rocks are much thinner.

Attachments

• tank side.JPG
    tank side.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 277
bwilhite updated Barbara's Showcase

One year ago this month I got my first saltwater tank. It was a 42 gal Hex. Within 7 months I was already wanting to upgrade. I bought a 110 gal with stand and canopy from the same LFS I had bought the 42 gal Hex, I had decided to go with a FOWLR tank because I wanted a Picasso Trigger really bad. I also wanted to see both sides of the tank so I decided to use the tank as a room divider between the living room and dining room. Slowly I got everything set up.

Just the other day I donated my Blue Line Trigger, Dog Face Puffer and Snowflake eel to a school that has a 240 gal tank. In order to catch the fish I had to take all the rock out so decided to rearrange my rocks. I love it so much better now and ran out and got a good size Clarkii Clown and Lawnmower Blenny. I plan to find a suitable Sea Anemone for the Clown. My long term plan is as my Triggers outgrow their tank I will find them large suitable homes and go back to non aggressive fish so I can enjoy stars, CUC ,corals and some interesting fish!

View updates to this showcase item...

Back