Barry's 120 Gallon Reef

Nice additions. Tank looks great

Great thread and great job on the build!

Lookin good Barry!

Thank you.

I had to put my Yellow tang in the sump. I think after a 3 day time out he might have an attitude change. He went ballistic and started attacking everyone in my tank the day after I put the foxface and cardinals in. If he doesn't then I think he maybe off to lfs to be traded for something else.

It's been awhile, but there's been lots of updates with the tank. My Watchman goby turned up missing and I found him nice and crispy behind the tank. :( I hate suicidal fish. I picked up another one for free.

My sump sprung a leak so I had to replace it with a store bought tank. Biggest I could find without driving anyplace was a 29 gallon. I'm going next weekend to get a 50 gallon short.

Here you can see the stain from the leaky sump.
0105-YupItLeaked.jpg

Here's the new sump I built out of the 29. I really hate it. It's way too small.
0106-New29GallonSump.jpg

Kim and I went shopping last weekend in London and I picked up the following.
0107-NewStuff1.jpg

0108-NewStuff2.jpg

0109-NewFood.jpg

I came home with only 1 fish. Kim liked the Strawberry Basslett that was on sale for $12. She named him Barney since he's purple.

0110-StrawberryBasslett.jpg

I did some work for Lyle at the LFS and he paid me with a couple corals. I picked up a 3 headed candy cane. The same colour as my other one, and a white anemone with neon green tips. Can anyone identify it for me?

0111-New3HeadedCandyCane.jpg

0112-NeonGreenTippedNem.jpg

Here's a couple other pictures I took.

0113-BothNewAdditions.jpg

0114-Tank.jpg

Looks good bud! Shame about the watchman and the sump :(

Thanks Waddi. I just collected in a bunch of $$$ from some jobs I did and bought a bunch of frags, but my lights turned out before they opened. Maybe tomorrow I'll take pictures. A little hint...I bought my first SPS today. A little scared.

I placed orders today for

75 GPD RO/DI 5 Stage *PLUS* System - English

and

Hi Barry,

sorry for late reply.
Thank you for the link about your tank. :)
As to the color combination, we recommend 44 white 10000K, 54 royal
blue and 10 pink.
use with 80 degree optics, two 7.7"x19.5" heatsinks and two 12cm fans,
so each heatsink will carry 54 LEDs.

the total cost is $381 + $99 for shipping.

best regards
Ray

Too bad it's not in CND...gonna cost a little more since it's USD. :(

What game you sniping in?

Last edited:
Looks good, I would guess the nem is a very sick bubble tip nem. No healthy nem is that white

Thanks Little_Fish. The candy cane wasn't looking too good either. I fed them Thursday night and again tonight. They are looking a little better today. I also started dosing phyto last night. 1 cup every night. We'll see how the corals like that.

Pictures as promised. They are a little blurry and some of the polyps aren't open yet. I also got back my sun coral. Kodos to Rob for saving it for me.

My new corals.
0115-NewCorals.jpg

Fluorescent Green Polyps.
0117-FluorescentGreenPolyps.jpg

Fire and Ice Zoas.
0118-FireandIceZoas.jpg

Nuclear Green Polyps.
0119-NuclearGreenPolyps.jpg

And drum roll please........My Orange Digi(mon)!! Excited and scared all in one.
0116-OrangeDigi.jpg

I hate it when you go and visit a friend and you come home with bags full of frags! :) Some new additions to the tank. There are 4 or 5 more coming tomorrow.

RTBA. (Not the one I mentioned in my post above.)
0120-RTBA.jpg

Since my SPS has been doing so good, I decided to get a few more. I can't remember the names of them, but I'll add them tomorrow when I'm told what they are again.

SPS #2
0121-SPS1.jpg

SPS #3 and some wacky watermelons zoas.
0122-SPS2andWackyWatermelonZoas.jpg

SPS # 4
0123-SPS3.jpg

Here's the FTBA that's coming tomorrow along with some green star polyps for my overflows, pulsing xenia, and a couple more SPS & maybe a frogspawn.

0124-FTBA1.jpg

0125-FTBA2.jpg

All the good stuff I was suppose to get today has been put off until tomorrow. Rob had friends stop by after work and isn't in any shape to handle shape objects. :(

I did pick up the frogspawn. Looks awesome! I'll post pics tomorrow.

New equipment coming Sunday. Shhh.....

Woot Woot!! My Flame Tip Bubble Anemone showed up tonight along with a new piece of rock.

0126-FTBA1.jpg

0127-FTBA2.jpg

0128-FTBA3.jpg

My Frogspawn.

0129-Frogspawn.jpg

And lastly...the new piece of rock.

0130-NewRock.jpg

Back