Bath Gloves!

laura-jean

friend to the fish
I got a pair of nylon bath gloves at Big Lots for $1.50, and TA DA!

Perfect for scrubbing film algae off my glass. :)

Just thought I'd share the tip for those of you who like to keep your lights on for longer than necessary, but hate that green film algae on your glass.

It worked 10 times better than the nine dollar algae scrubber on a stick thingy.

I'm sure someone has figured this out already, but it was so exciting that I had to share. :bounce:

Thanks for the tip.

...but don't you think a magnet float cleaner would work better?I mean you don't even have to stick your hand in the water.Then again, a magfloat cost alot more then $1.50.

Holy lord . . . Big Lots. My girlfriend and her mom practically live there. I'll have her nab me some bath gloves next time she's there. Thanks for the tip!

Haha yeah my magfloat sucks and I'd rather just stick my arm in the tank and do it myself.

Good luck to all of you who are going to try it! I think you'll be stoked! :D

They make a mag float that flips around with a scraper attachment for about 8 bucks at fostersmith I have been considering buying. You can also superglue a stainless steel razor blade to a mag float for scraping that corraline and keep your hands dry.

Yup! I agree yote. I bought one and tried it maybe twice. What a joke. I couldn't get the damn thing to ever flip. As for the scraper, it sucked big time.

maybe its operator error.... I ripped mine off like 2 weeks ago it just got in the way? don't think my bow front glass is as nice as some... I got it used... I have been checking them out at the LFS and there is a noticeable difference in the bow in mine to the others. I have been pricing out new ones because I really want to drill it...

Back