Battery Backup System.

Discussion in 'Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment' started by navyguyame, Jun 2, 2011.

1. navyguyame

navyguyame

So i have setup up my 75 gallon tank and it is in the middle of its cycle now. anyway to my point. I was at work today and the power went out but all of our computers are hooked up to a battery back up so they all stayed on the whole outage that lasted almost 30 mins. I was not to worried about the aquarium because it doesn't have anything in it. i was wondering if anymore has one of these setup in there system in case of a power outage. I was looking at getting one similar to the one below. Any thoughts or concerns.

APC BR1500G Back-UPS XS LCD 1500VA

navyguyame, Jun 2, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. navyguyame

Jmck

They are called UPS devices 'Uninteruptable power supplies' . These are great, and if you want to be able to clean up your electricity going to the tank and also keep the tank running after a blackout this is the way to go. I will probably have one on my next tank.

Jmck, Jun 2, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. navyguyame

Bifferwine I am a girl

Many people use them for powerheads and heaters. Temperature and water movement are your two main concerns in a power outage.

Bifferwine, Jun 2, 2011
  4. navyguyame

navyguyame

yep thats what ui was going to hook it up to.

navyguyame, Jun 3, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question