Battle of the Bristleworms

Picasso

Seahorse Whisperer
I have declared war. This is one hour's worth of work:

4129079363_ab670a2b14.jpg

MWUHA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA.........

Wow....that's a lot or worms. Did you have to dismantle your tank to get at all of them?

Ha, nope, that's just one rock's worth of worms. I pulled it out of the tank and yanked out the worms with tweezers. This is just the beginning..............

C

The red and black are fire worms are the not? The pink and blue ones are the regulars.

The black ones were ones I killer earlier today. The ones that look red have blood on them where they gave a fight coming out of the rock. I'm setting traps tonight, I hope to add to that group significantly tomorrow morning.

Catherine The Bristleworm Slayer.

haha, I see! I still have no bristleworms in my tank, and I've been looking.
When I get back from AL, going to buy some from my lfs to seed my tank....
got tons of other hitchiker species, but no bristles

I don't blame her. I know that they are good hitch hikers, but....
I get stung all the time too. I bet I have hundreds in my tank. Does anyone know how to control them?

haha, I see! I still have no bristleworms in my tank, and I've been looking.
When I get back from AL, going to buy some from my lfs to seed my tank....
got tons of other hitchiker species, but no bristles

I wonder if that is true. I can't imagine a tank without them?:grumble:

They are scavengers. You can control them by not overfeeding your tank.

My horses crawl all over the rock to fish for pods and they have stung my ponies more than once. I target feed this tank so there is not a lot of food floating around. They are evil, evil creatures that have developed group intelligence. Pretty soon, they will organize and attack my family! This evil must stop!

Catherine the Bristleworm Slayer

hahaha, i know cath, but I'd like them as part of my clean up crew. I've searched and searched for them, and haven't ever seen them in the tank (even at night). I figure they'll help balance my system a little better.

Back