Be Afraid, POTMers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! It was a spur of the moment thing. I stopped at Costco on my way home, and they had this same D5000 'kit' and I was like, "I'm buying it!" Except when I brought the tag up to the counter to check out, they told me they were sold out. So I came home and looked up the same kit on B&H and it was more than $200 less than the price of the one at Costco, plus no shipping or tax. Woohoo! Costco being sold out was a blessing in disguise.

Last edited:
ive been looking at that same camera for months. I want it so bad. i just cant see spending that much :(

Yeah it's a tough pill to swallow. But still appears to be on the cheaper end for DSLRs. Besides, I WANT TO START WINNING POTM COMPETITIONS...AT ANY COST!!! Hahaha. Good thing it comes with an instructional DVD. I am going to need help figuring it out!

I did better then that at amazon Biff.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0027Z8TI6/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=A185V8Q901AMWI]Amazon.com: Nikon D5000 12.3 MP DX Digital SLR w/ 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Lens + .48x Wide Angle Panoramic HD Series…[/ame]

I saw that, but I went with the package at B&H because it comes with two different lenses. The Amazon package comes with only one lens, plus I didn't think I'd need some of that extra stuff. The extra lens on its own costs a couple hundred bucks.

You do know that you need the memory card,right?Actually that link has three lens.The same two lens you linked to and third panoramic macro lens.Plus 216GB memory card,tripod and so much more.

Amazon has the same camera with the same two lens minus the bag for much less.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00267S7TQ/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER]Amazon.com: Nikon D5000 12.3 MP DX Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Lens and 2.7-inch Vari-angle LCD: Camera & Photo[/ame]

Ahh okay. Yeah I already have memory cards. I knew that. I also ordered an extra battery for it. I already have several tripods at home, so I have no need for another one.

The ones you linked to don't have the same two lenses. Mine comes with 18-55mm VR and 55-200mm VR Lenses.

The two ones you linked to at Amazon only say they come with the 18-55mm VR Lens. There is no mention of the 55-200mm lens in the descriptions.

Last edited:
Oh,sorry,wrong link.The kit with both the same lens as from BH is price about the same.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-Digital-18-55mm-55-200mm-Accessory/dp/B002ED1KNM/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=photo&qid=1274933228&sr=1-9]Amazon.com: Nikon D5000 Digital SLR Camera w/ 18-55mm VR Lens + 55-200mm Zoom Lens + 8GB Memory Card + Spare EN-EL9 Battery + Case + Cameta Bonus Accessory Kit: Camera & Photo[/ame]

Biff that's the same camera I got! I got it at Costco and yes I paid sales tax. I hope you become an expert and can teach me how to use it! The DVD isn't that detailed. I've been thinking of taking a class at Pima in the evening.

Biff that's the same camera I got! I got it at Costco and yes I paid sales tax. I hope you become an expert and can teach me how to use it! The DVD isn't that detailed. I've been thinking of taking a class at Pima in the evening.

You have the D5000? Costco also had a 'kit' with the D90, but it was twice the price of the D5000. From my research, it seemed that the D90 has a lot more features and settings and is more complicated, and the D5000 is a better "beginner" DSLR. I am definitely going to look into a class at Pima! I think that would be very informative.

BTW Congratulations!!!

Thanks!

I was initially going to buy the D90. Now I'm glad I didn't. It just sucks that I have to wait for it to arrive. I wanted to play with it tonight!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back