Beamswork leds! are they good

dapple

Salty Dog
Can someone give me advice on this 48" led fixture. Can they support SPS and softies ? Are they China knockoffs? For the price I can get 2 for the price of one Marineland.

I don't know anything about that particular fixture, but it looks just like the marineland reef ready fixture...so it may just be a generic brand.

Direct quote from one customer:

"Replaced T5's with these on 90 Gallon reef tank. Same construction and design as their 300 dollar plus counterparts. Corals and anemones are thriving. Very directional is only con but that is with all leds. Definately ordering another to spread the light out. Biggest pro that I have seen so far is that the heat generated is almost nill. Oh and the cost to my wallet on the power consumption."

It's just that I didn't look in to them... :grumble:

Ok your personal opinion do you enjoy them? Do they do there intended job? Where they worth it or did you find the snafu of you get what you pay for?

I have been considering these for about a month now and I asked Dennis about some lights not to long ago. i dont mean to highjack this thread but its rather convenient that these lights came up in to question. before i made a dissension to get what ever I may go with.

I guess the main question is do you have buyers remorse Alex?

Ok your personal opinion do you enjoy them? Do they do there intended job? Where they worth it or did you find the snafu of you get what you pay for?

I have been considering these for about a month now and I asked Dennis about some lights not to long ago. i dont mean to highjack this thread but its rather convenient that these lights came up in to question. before i made a dissension to get what ever I may go with.

I guess the main question is do you have buyers remorse Alex?

Oh no lol! I meant that they sound pretty good but I already have my lights now.

Just forget I ever said anything about it. :D

Oh no lol! I meant that they sound pretty good but I already have my lights now.

Just forget I ever said anything about it. :D

ahh ok hahaha I may have to get a set of them and see how they work out. I myself read the feedback on them. Makes me think if they are a clone of the reef marineland lights and half the price. Maybe your just paying for a name like many things out there? I'm just afrade of getting them and after a few months they die off and suck beyond suck... Like buying cheap bulbs that say 64k hours but only give you 7200 hours of proper light. ugh sometimes lighting is stressful :grumble:

My goal on my 75 g tank is to first do a FOWLR t and after some aging start softies. Wife has the Christmas budget on me right now . lol. RO system will be my next investment.

That light may be able to sustain softies and some LPS in a shallow tank, but I don't think it will be enough for most SPS or clams long term.

For a 75 Gallon, you're probably best off getting a T5 fixture if you don't want to invest into either a DIY LED setup or one of the proven LED units on the market

a 6 bulb T5 fixture for a 75 gallon shouldn't be too expensive, and it will let you keep anything in the hobby

Back