Beeg's 29 gallon tank move

bjohanson1234

Ok so as some of you folks know, I am moving in about two weeks. This thread is going to document the tank move. Anyone that has moved a tank, please feel free to add input with advice and suggestions.

Procedure as of right now.
1) Set up temp holding in a large rubermaid container at the new place. 15-20 gallons.
2) Transfer LR and live stock to holding tank once the water is stabilized.
3) Discard sand from the old tank
4) Move tank and equipment to new place
5) Clean all the equipment and tank.
6) Set up new tank with new sand and handful of old sand to start cycle.
7) Wait for cycle to finish
8) Start to add LR and live stock over the period of a few months.

Stock is only two clown fish, and themove is only a few miles so I don't think I should see much die off on the LR. But the new sand and cleaning the tank will probably cause a significant cycle. I am planning on redoing the plumbing to incorporate an algae scrubber. I ran one before and it did an amazing job of keeping the tank algae free.

Palos. Off of Ridgeland just north of Limestone grill.We are going to be in a town home that is bigger than our current place at the same price.

Ok so fish are in a holding tub aka one of ryland's toy bins. The tank got moved today and filled about 1/3 with water. Enough to keep rocks wet. Threw my cheato in the tank to keep it alive. Got my skimmer pump and return pump running in a vinegar solution to clean them. Just waiting for the water to be made and then continue filling the tank.

I trashed the old sand, but kept a cup of it to seed the new stuff when I add the new sand.

Back