Beeguiles 29 gallon reef

re: Beeguiles 29 gallon reef

Very nice set up.

I am very new to this hobby, so I could easily give the wrong advice here.....hopefully someone will chime in if I am wrong. I think you should adjust the level of the water, so bubbles arent being created as it pours in. I could be wrong, but I have heard bubbles are bad.

Nice looking tank though, I like that black sand and I am leaning towards that myself.

Your tanks coming along very well. Just wait till those corals start filling in.

Thanks guys. When my corals grow in its gonna be so bright at night with all the glowing corals. :) reefguy I would fill it up all the way but my HOB protein skimmer sits kinda low on the back and I fill it up to where that is so it can still flow in and my aquaclear sits higher so its the one making some bubbles. I haven't had any bad effects yet but ill keep that in mind.

the bubbles cant really hurt anything, theyre just not pleasant to look at but yours are fine, the micro bubbles are the unpleasant ones. I would move the frogspawn coral away from the torch coral though, both have long sweeper tentacles that can expand up to 6 inches which could harm one or the other. other than that, looks great!

Buddy its a hammer that its next to. I read that they can be near eachother. Is that not true?

touche, is a hammer. Hammers also have the sweeping tentacles, theyre all in the same genus, just different species. I would still recommend moving it a little further away, other than that your tank looks great!

The tank looks great, I really like that maxi-mini you've got in there

love how you put the cheeto ....... err cheato under the LR im thinking about doing that as well

Thanks. I loove the maxi mini. It's so colorful. :) the only problem with the cheato being in the display tank is its gets kinda dusty. So I shake it out every now and then so it doesn't look so cruddy.

Is that a scollop you've got in there? I've heard they can be pretty hard to take care of...

Yup that's a scallop. I Target feed it everyday so it gets enough food. They are huge hogs I guess. Mines doing well so far.

Back