Been in this for a year but i still know very little... help please! :)

slm32123

Reefing newb
Hey guys, like i said in the title.

I have a 10 gallon nano reef that i am just starting. its been up for about a month now as is, I currently have 40 watts of light. (Power Compacts) I am wondering what corals this is enough light for.

Thanks in advance
Steve

Hello and welcome!

You can probably keep softies (like mushrooms, leathers and zoas) and most LPS with that light. Avoid anemones, clams and SPS corals.

Hello and welcome!

You can probably keep softies (like mushrooms, leathers and zoas) and most LPS with that light. Avoid anemones, clams and SPS corals.

So i always get confused between sps and lps. is my green star polyp frag sps or lps? and same question about my kenya tree frag.
thanks a ton biffer

I'm just gonna be the first (but I wont be the last) get rid of the Kenya Trees. Those things will take over your tank..They're like friggin dandelions.

+1 PRC. Especially in a 10g tank. They will take over everything. Do yourself the favor and remove the KT and take it to the LFS for credit.

thanks for the info on the KT guys. I have to let it grow out just a little bit more before they will take it. But I will definately do that and maybe I will get a red sun coral or frogspawn. :)
cageburn was right, you all are really helpful

i wouldnt worry about the kenya just yet, with 40 watss pc it shouldnt grow insanely fast or anything, lps are corals like frogspawn,hammer,bulbbe coral, duncans, favias, acans, micromussas,brains ect, sps are acros, birdsnest, pavonas, montipora, ect. try out the softies for a while and if you start to see some growth try out a nice lps like the frogspawn you mentioned! good to have ya aboard man youll learn alot quick. lots of knoweldgable (my spelling is horrible) people here that are very freindly and always willing to help out.

i wouldnt worry about the kenya just yet, with 40 watss pc it shouldnt grow insanely fast or anything

I wouldnt bet on that:shock: I swear I got one that I flushed over a year ago thats just about to spring up through the septic system:death:
And +1
If your zoas are doing good.Go ahead and try a frogspawn.

Back