Beginner Pulsing Xenia

PringlesLFE

Mmm...Salty.
Had to remove my furious ranting posted before because after looking at videos and information about corals and whatnot, I've calmed down.

Anyways. My 20 Long is still FOWLR but I am wondering if it's soon time to add corals.

I saw frags of pulsing xenias (I think silver-tipped) today at one of my LFS for $15 a pop and got addicted because I usually don't run into them for some reason.

Just curious, based on experience and knowledge of the community, what would be minimum lighting requirements for them? I really need to upgrade my lighting soon and was initially just gonna base it off mushrooms..but I think I would like my nano to be largely zoas and these silver tipped xenias.

Thanks

Xenia is actually a good coral to start with.If it does good,it'll build your confidence.But of course it can go the other way to and not do so good.

The reason I'm opting for the Xenias instead of the mushrooms/zoas at the moment is because I don't see myself getting out of debt anytime soon and heard Xenias grow like weeds.
I'm just itching to look at something besides my fish, LR, and coraline algae lol.

Would 65 x2 watts be enough? I'll possibly be ordering the light Rcpilot showed me a while ago.
Catalina Aquarium SOLAR HOOD POWER COMPACT-2 X 65W

I just got two Xenia heads. I have moderate lighting and there doing great. Do you have a powerhead yet? They will need moderate flow as well. just forewarning it may take a couple days before you see the heads opening and closing. or pulsing.

banthony good luck with your new xenias! I probably won't be getting mine until I finalize a light to buy :grumble:

I'm running a ZooMed Powersweep 228 I got for free :D

Back