begins on saturday

ReefWannabe

Reefing newb
Ok so ive been witing for what seems like forever. My cycle is completely over, and my nitrates are actually at 0. Im assuming since I havent used lights the entire time, once my halides go up, ill get a bloom lol.

So this saturday, im buying a yellow watchman goby. Hes in quarantine now at the shop. When I get him after acclimation, hes getting a quick freshwater dip and finding his new home.

Im also getting a blue deresa friday or saturday as a present from my cousin coming down from Va Beach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would hold off on the clam. your tank is WAY too young for a clam. your going to need a lot of nutirent n the water colum to make that deresa happy. I would hate to see you get him in there and not fair too well. i hate be a bummer. but clams need a lot of nutrients in the water for them to survive.

It seems like graphixx has some good expireance(spelling stinks).Also mabey John might add his thoughts.I have no expertise here.If you decided to add it I would make sure your adding live Phyto(hopefully this will beef up your water colum with food and nutrients) or try some stuff called reef chii.I was using it till my Buddy gave me some live phyto he got from a local company.I had nice results from it but if you can get FRESH live phyto it is better
http://www.reefchili.com/

yeah i had thought about this. While I may still tell him not to get it for me. Ill see if john chimes in.
If not ill just get like 20 dwarf hermits and a starter snail crew.
I have alot of shells in a bag to add, so even if my hermits grow out some, they will have plenty of shells to move to.

I think your on the right track. I have kept clams for 4 years everything from gigag, crocea, deresa, teardrop. they are very particular about he water quality. just take your time and your animals will thank you in the end.

Back