Bellus Angel? Oooh.

PRC

Stop Quoting Me!
Have you guys ever seen one of these fish? I stopped at a LFS that I don't frequent that often and saw one. Wow! are they sweet looking fish. Talked to the LFS owner about the fish, he said they are fairly hardy, farily rare to find, but like other angels can have a tendency to nip at corals so I passed...Otherwise, I was about to drop $100 on that fish without thinking about it. I was like a crakchead looking at a kilo.

I'm still proud of myself for managing to walk out of that store without the fish.

tn_Gebel_u1.jpg

After I got home, I read that they are reef safe?....Hmmmm.

Last edited:
That is one great fish. James really wants that fish in a bad way. He would put a 2nd mortgage on the house for a fish like that:mrgreen:

The guy also said that they'll stay front and center in the tank, will eat easily (he fed him while I was there)..and that they stay small...Said that they'll only grow a 1/4 to 1/2 inch per year.

Yes, they are reef safe and I think that price is a bit high also. At least around here. They are a beautiful fish.......Go get it!

I went and bought a bucket of salt and a coral yesterday intead, so I've blwon my weekly Fish Tank allowance.

They are good looking fish. I don't believe that they are rare as several of my LFS carry them pretty regularly. I have not heard of them nipping corals. I went with a watanabei angel. Stays a tad smaller and a like the head mask on the female.

Here is a pic of my tank...notice the female Bellus? I have an order in for a male (red/orange) that will hang with the female!

fts001.jpg

I'm thinking that may be my next fish.
If I'm not mistaken,they are basically 100% safe with corals since they are planktivores.

Back