Berghia nudibranch?

Keaton

Reefing newb
I'm looking for some way to naturally control my aiptasia issue. I've decided against a butterfly due to their notorious difficulty in care. I have 4 peps but they only go after the small ones. Joe's juice and all the homemade tonics have failed repeatedly. I ran across a page about the Berghia nudibranch and found that they eat them exclusively. What are the pros and cons? Will they eat the bigger ones? Will they turn into a nightmare later on? How many would i need? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Berghias will work, but they die once the aiptasia's gone. So they are usually only recommended in a reefing community where you can pass the nudis on from tank to tank so that they don't starve to death. You would only need a couple of the nudis.

My LFS keeps a tank full of aiptasia just to feed the nudis with. They breed the aiptasia in one tank, and take rocks out to feed the nudis so that the nudis can't eat all the aiptasia at once.

Your peppermints will hunt during the night and so will the berghias.The peppermints will poise a serious risk to the berghias so they will have to go.Some wrasses and other fish that actively hunt around the live rocks poise a threat also.They are so tiny and so expensive.They.
've worked miracles on the small ones but nothing on the big ones in my tank.I may have a few still working in the fuge(I had hundreds of aips in there).I haven't seen aips in there so they must of done there jobs.

Back