Best ATO with Apex

Steveg229

Addicted
What is the best ATO route to go with an Apex controller? I ordered an Apex this weekend, Merry Christmas to me!!!, and think I want to setup an ato. I currently have a gravity fed auto top off, but pondering the thought of switching for various reasons.

Could I also buy 2 madison float swiches, an apex breakout box, lifter pump and use apex as the ato controller? Or would it be better to just buy the JBJ? What would be the positives/negatives?

You still need to buy a lift pump for the jbj, unless you go with gravity feed with an electronic operated valve.

Honestly it doesn't matter, you are putting water from one area to the next.

I went the cheapest and easiest way possible. It has worked for me and has kept the water level stable. Win win.

Yes, you can use the apex system with the jbj. It is more of a timer set up, 2 minutes per hour of operation. Very caveman set up, but you can use a sal. meter to shut the top off down too.... or ph..... or anything.

After some research, I think I am going to buy the float switches, build a breakout box, and use apex as the ato controller. Should be able to complete for about $70, and I will have a breakout box. :)

Back