Best food Chromis and Anthias?

WarmSoda

Reefing newb
First off, I would like to apologize for not being around of late. I've been having some trouble at the house, and might have take the tank down. But, of coarse, that doesn't stop me. I'm putting an order in for a trio of Chromis and a Trio of Anthias (not to be added until later). I partial the 'school' look.

So, with my upcoming additions I need to get myself some food! What is the best food for the both of these specimens and how should I go about feeding them? (I've heard 2-3 times a day)

You can feed them anything. Anthias tend to have smaller mouths, so they'll eat cyclopeeze, and chromis will eat anything -- mysis, brine, etc. The best food for everything in your tank is a frozen food called Rod's Food. It will have a mix of tons of different types of seafood, and pieces of varying sizes for all fish types.

In the beginning, anthias need to be fed a couple times a day, but after they've been in your tank awhile, you can cut back. I have chromis and anthias in my tank, and I'm down to feeding about once a week.

Anthias have a very high motabolism and need to be fed at least 2 times a day. I use frozen mysis and cyclopeeze and a pellet. the chromis are easy.... they will eat pretty much anything.

What kind of anthias are you looking at getting?

by the way sorry to here about your troubles hopefully all is well.

I'm looking at Bartlett's Anthias. Very beautiful color separation and body 'ornamentaion', if you will, with the extended upper lip and dorsal fin.

Rod's Food: Where can I find this?

What's a good size to go for the Chromis and Anthias?

The size is the size of the packaging or amount of the food package. Since your ordering and have to pay shipping I'd go with the largest size of the original blend so you don't have to worry about making another order anytime soon.

Rod's. It's swell!
I'll have to get me some of that. I order my frozen food in bulk so as to save on that 2nd day air shipping. Pet Solutions charges one price no matter how much you buy. But they don't have Rod's swell food. Too bad. :grumble:

All experts say feed fish several different types of food! Like cyclopeeze, blood worms, pellets sushi roe, mysis and maybe flakes.

Back