Best macroalgae to eat up my phosphates?

SalteeDogg

Reefing newb
My hair algae is growing out of control. My nitrates are 0 and I don't have a phosphate test kit but im sure they are off the charts since my nitrates stay at 0. Was going to stuff my refugium with macroalgae and was wondering what the best would be to eat up my phosphates the quickest? Was thinking about caluerpa but didn't know if there was something better for my situation. Any help would be appreciated.

Chaeto is where it's at. If your LFS doesn't carry it, you can get it cheap off of Ebay. If that doesn't work, PM me and I can mail you some.

The only macro my lfs sells is the stringy stuff? Has no leafs or anything on it. Looks like a knotted up yarn ball. I didn't buy it as I think im going to go with chaeto..Would buy off ebay but I don't have a paypal account and everytime I try to set one up it says my bank isn't authrorized or some bs? How much would you sell me some for biff and how much of it? I could send you a money order/cashier check to cover the chaeto cost and shipping. Just let me know.

Shows how much the guy at my lfs knows!!! I asked him if they sold cheato and he said "no we only sell (jibberish word I couldn't understand), its the stringy stuff "...Good to know its cheato, I will be letting him know its not (jibberish word I couldn't understand) and thats its what I was looking for. lol

what he said sounded nothing like chaeto, kee-toe, cheatomorpha. But then again he is a chinese guy that cant speak good english.

Back