Best MH bulb brand?

clancaster23

Reefing newb
I will be obtaining a metal halide light tomorrow and was told the MH bulbs may be in need of changing so I'm looking to eventually get a couple new ones and was wondering what is considered the best brand? I was checking out reefgeeks and there are a few different ones and I want to get the best for my money considering I'll have to get two. I bought a 10k for my smaller 36" and to me it seems too white, almost a yellowish so this time I'm definitely going 14k.

I always used Phoenix 14K bulbs. Never had an issue with them, they put out great light and par, and got them on line for 47.99 a piece.

Very good. I found them and plan to get a couple. I got this light up and running and it has the stock bulbs in it that are suposed to be 15k but I think they're just old and still are too yellowish so I'll be getting at least 14k's. The guy gave me some used 10k's but I have that over my 40 gallon and that too is too yellowish so I'll be going bluer. I got a rock flower nem in there and it seems to love it though since it's really gotten noticeably bigger. Anyways, thanks for the suggestions guys.

Back