best reef cleaners for a 30 gallon??

shahrzad1893

Reefing newb
so i havent been on in a long time due to computer malfunctions but im glad to be back :)

my clam survived its ordeal and has grown pretty damn big

but i am still struggling with a hair algae problem... i was winning the war until my angel fish decided my macro algae was yummier than the seaweed and now all thats gone... im not too upset because the macro came free as a hitchhiker and grew like crazy

what should i get for a 30 gallon tank that would work best i was thinking about getting

10 astrea turbo snails
10 cerith snails
5 dwarf blue leg hermits
5 dwarf red tip hermit crabs
1 mexican turbo snail
5 nassarius snails
5 scarlette reef hermits

would that be good or too much??

i was thinking about an urchin to plow through the algae, i had one before too but i dont want him harming any of the corals like my last urchin did or eating all the purple off my rocks :P

You really shouldnt go the nudi branch route, they dont live for very long in our tank and they are obligae bryopsis eaters, so if you dont have that type of algae or you run out, they will starve to death.

Just get a good CUC and keep up with your waterchanges, and try and remove as much as you can by hand. A blackout might help too

You really shouldnt go the nudi branch route, they dont live for very long in our tank and they are obligae bryopsis eaters, so if you dont have that type of algae or you run out, they will starve to death.

Just get a good CUC and keep up with your waterchanges, and try and remove as much as you can by hand. A blackout might help too
I misspoke earlier. Not a slug a seahare. However they eat alot and will clean your rock fast....and then have nothing to eat. Still cool to watch though

its is nice be 21 and remember almost everything i read, especially in subjects i have a great interest in. But yes, there are lots of things i dont know, but they tend to be more equipment related.

I wouldn't go with so many hermits. That many in a 30g tank will lead to a lot of snail death IME.
so i havent been on in a long time due to computer malfunctions but im glad to be back :)

my clam survived its ordeal and has grown pretty damn big

but i am still struggling with a hair algae problem... i was winning the war until my angel fish decided my macro algae was yummier than the seaweed and now all thats gone... im not too upset because the macro came free as a hitchhiker and grew like crazy

what should i get for a 30 gallon tank that would work best i was thinking about getting

10 astrea turbo snails
10 cerith snails
5 dwarf blue leg hermits
5 dwarf red tip hermit crabs
1 mexican turbo snail
5 nassarius snails
5 scarlette reef hermits

would that be good or too much??

i was thinking about an urchin to plow through the algae, i had one before too but i dont want him harming any of the corals like my last urchin did or eating all the purple off my rocks :P

Spotted sea hares eat hair and many types of macro algae, they don't just feed on bryopsis.

Back