Best Shrimp?

sen5241b

Reef enthusiast
I got a Coral Banded shrimp and he's been in the tank for 2 years and survived a power outage. Once I had a skunk cleaner and he only lasted 6 months. My fire shrimp lasted a month. Are the coral banded just hardier? Also can I put different kinds of shrimps in my 20G long? Would they fight?

Many people on here will tell you that a Coral Banded is a bad idea when other shrimp or even fish are concerned. I've had one for a year and a half now with out any issues. I have successfully kept him with cleaner shrimp and the blood shrimp, as well as various types of fish - but there is also quite a bit of rock work in my tank and the shrimp all have their own spaces.

In a 20 gallon I suspect you may see some territory issues, but there really is only one way to know for sure

As far as I am concerned - a CBS is too cool of a critter not to have one. I just wish they came out during the day more

Many people on here will tell you that a Coral Banded is a bad idea when other shrimp or even fish are concerned. I've had one for a year and a half now with out any issues. I have successfully kept him with cleaner shrimp and the blood shrimp, as well as various types of fish - but there is also quite a bit of rock work in my tank and the shrimp all have their own spaces.

In a 20 gallon I suspect you may see some territory issues, but there really is only one way to know for sure

As far as I am concerned - a CBS is too cool of a critter not to have one. I just wish they came out during the day more

My CBS do try to grab at the fish but they don't even know what they are grabbing at and they have no chance of grabbing any of my fish.

I've read enough posts online to know that them catching a fish is a possibility. I'm not really worried about my larger fish, it would be the Leopard Wrasse and the YT Damsel for me. I've seem mine snap at my Naso tang once, but that was because he almost swam right into the shrimp on his way over to the seaweed on the clip (he must have been hungry)

If your really really really careful... it might be. Emphasis on the might ;)

My fave shrimp would be the skunk cleaner, very social. Will the coral mess with him, no clue.

my CBS killed both my emerald crabs and snap at my clowns. My anemones have both moved into its territory and the clowns followed. So shall see what happens.

Back