best Spot Feeding tool?

d2mini

Reef enthusiast
I've tried a turkey baster and that's like bringing an uzi to a water pistol fight.
I'd like something long to keep me as dry as possible, but something that is delicate enough and easy to control so I can spot feed corals or whatever.
A different baster type tool? Some kind of tongs?
Any ideas?

I picked up a really long thin version made by kent I think. It extends out to three feet and has a skewer at the end for target feeding larger pieces. Also I really long pipette would work, you could even DIY one with a glass tube mated to a bulb of the proper size. You will need either a map gas or propane torch but I think it would be a pretty easy think to build really.

The one is Dustins link is the one I have.

me too. I bought it after starting with a syringe and a turkey baster. the syringe worked great but was only about 3 inches longe so I have to stick my hand in every time I feed...No Good. The trukery baster didnt work as well, even though it was longer, the hole is too big and it dripped all over the place and was just messy. The target feeding wand in Dustin's link also had a problem in that it's hole was too small so to even get brine to come out, I had to squeeze the heck out of it and it would shoot so hard the coral would close. I took a small drill bit and made the hole just slightly bigger and now it works perfect. If you follow my lead, make sure you are careful not to leave any burrs around the opening or every little piece of food will get caught on the tip of the feeder.

Back