best t5 lighting combo ???

crazy cajun

Reefing newb
i have a 48" T5 fixture it has 4 bulbs 54w each i currently run 2 daylight and 2 actinic
they are the Hagen power glo and marine glo bulbs, coral look pretty good but i was wondering is their any other combination to make them pop even more??

do you order yours online?? if so where is the best place , and does it matter what kind of ballast or is a ballast just a ballast??

yes ordering online is the cheapest way and best way. ive order from bulk reef supply, tb aquatics,and aquacave, great service with all just try and find the best price :)

you dont have to worry about the ballast, the only thing that could effect the lighting better would be the reflectors and bulbs, the best relfectors are individual, and go with ati and uvl bulbs, quality is the best way to go.

forgot to mention make sure your fixture or bulbs are fan cooled t-5s heat up quick and the color fades fast, like when you turn the bulbs on theyll be reall blue 20 mins later they wont. a fan will keep the bulbs at the right temp

yes i have individual reflectors and an interanl fan but i do have a thin peice of acrylic sheet that covers the bulbs to keep them from moisture that is removable for cleaning does the acrylic sheet affect the lighting??

if you remove it it will increase the parr, which isnt a bad thing lol. but if you want to make sure you dont get salt creep in there then just keep it in.

sounds like your on the right path those bulbs will be your best bet for color and growth, if you feel its too blue you can switch out the ati aqua blue special for a 10k bulb

Back