best time for damsels

sprky86

Reefing newb
I was wondering when the best time to put damsels in a tank. I am just getting a 75 gallon set up and was wondering do I need to wait til most of the fish I want are already in. I know if you put them in first they can cause trouble. The ones I want are yellow tail damsels. I will have some clownfish, blennys, flame angel, and some others. I'm not sure if they are able to live together.

Best time?
When they are young and you have a tank full of hungry lionfish.

or last I guess.
my wife wanted a yellow tail, it was a demon... we gave it away 3 days later, no more DAMNsels for us.

Yea, I know they are bad, but my dad really wants a couple. So I want to get some. But as soon as they start to attack others they will be gone

I am not 100% positive because I stay away from damsels, but I think having two of the same type, they will fight until there is only one.

I was wondering when the best time to put damsels in a tank.

The answer is NEVER!
Damsels are cute and cuddly when they are juveniles, but morph into aggressive ghetto fish as they mature.
Most of them even lose the bright and fancy color patterns as they mature.

Yea, I know they are bad, but my dad really wants a couple. So I want to get some. But as soon as they start to attack others they will be gone

Not when they have the ability to teleport from one part of the tank to the other, making any attempt at net catching futile.

I actually have a blue damsel which has been a model reef citizen for years unless my hand is in the tank:mrgreen: As the others have mentioned most I have seen are :pooh:heads.

Back