Best time for Macro Algae

yeah, ive had my 75 gal cycling for a couple of weeks now. its go 40lbs of live sand and maybe 50 lbs of L.R. im going to start up the sump today and let everything run the full loop for a couple of days then tank a water sample to my LFS. i just didnt want to put it in too soon just to have it die off.

I got my first handful of chaeto off of Ebay for $5. Most LFS will carry it. If not, other hobbyists in your area will certainly have some.

I have a sump on my 30 gallon.

I made it out of a 10 gallon glass tank

All you need is a hang on overflow and a return pump. The 10 gallon fits quite well underneath my tank

yeah, i made my overflow box. its 11 inches long. but that is for the 75 gal i have. it is pretty easy if you have the proper tools. i can show you guys some pics if you would like

yeah, i will try and pu some pics up this afternoon. i have alot of power tools though, the table saw is extremely handy. It is all made out of .25 acrylic and weldon with a 1.5 inch bulkhead fitting for drainage to the sump. Pretty big. you can check my build page out ture_pisces and see my set up. its custom for the most part.

Back