best way to make water colder

Treezer8

Reefing newb
Got 30gallons of water in a trash can, ready for water change. I used a new pump to mix it around, and it got kinda hot after a while so I need to cool down the water by like 10 degrees.
Should I just use ice? only thing I can think of

I had already put like 3-4 handfulls of ice cubes in, thinking it wouldn't be a huge factor.

Put some of those ice-cooler block things in now.

Should I check the water for anything for I put it in?

Nah, it should be fine. A few ice cubes are not going to hurt anything. If you don't need the water *right now* you can just wait. :)

Yea, I've decided to wait till morning, and I'll leave the bin next to the door and leave it open since it'll be in the 70s over night. I'll leave my bilge pump on low and then i'll change the water in morning

Fill up a two litter coke bottle or milk jug with water and freeze it then when the need should arise drop it in and let the cooling begin. Homade chiller southern style:mrgreen:

jesus man, what kind of pump are you using that it heats your water that much???

it was a 1200gph mag pump that I'm going to be using for a sump in a few weeks. I usually use a different pump. But it probably wasn't just that, the pump wasn't too hot at all. It get's kinda hot in my closet and I had the door closed in there

Back