Beware of IM

mark r ramsey

Reefing newb
Howdy to all

I bought a 80 gal Nuvo from Inovative Marine in 2014. Approx. four months later I noticed my sump falling away from the main tank. About two days later I was watching TV and I heard a loud popping noise coming from my tank. Looked all over and couldn't find anything. The next morning I was looking at my tank up close, that was when I saw a chip at the top edge . I called IM. They said "send pictures", I did so and they called back and said "it looks structurally sound". Well, it isn't. The sump is separating more than before, and the chip is moving like when you get one in your windshield and after a while it starts moving.

I contacted IM again. Again, it was send pics. We emailed, sent pictures, and sent more pictures, and sent more pics. This went back and forth for at least 6 months. Then I noticed the tank stand was falling apart (it's made with particle board, in China), any idiot would know that water will eat particle board. Of course all of the blame was put on me.

Bottom line after all of this, they emailed me and it said "everything is out of warrantee". I contacted them 41/2 months after I bought the tank. I have pictures with all date stamped and the receipt. They are going to do NOTHING!!

That's how they back their warrantee!! I saw another post somewhere IM told a guy when his sump was separating,
"JUST GLUE IT"

If you are thinking of buying a Nuvo, DON'T!!, they won't do anything, if something happens.

Back