Bi-Colour Blenny Living in Power Head

Jenna09

Reefing newb
I purchased my bi-colour blenny on Feb 10, 2010 and since then she has been living in my powerhead; it is one of those powerheads that has the spinning extra apart attached to it and that is where she lives. She comes out to eat and swims around the tank whenever I am not in the room close enough for her to see me. She is very nervous and will dart right back into the powerhead if she sense my movement or even sees me.

Tonight my tank was cloudy (new goby was stirring up a horrible mess) and I noticed that I couldnt see my blenny. I looked in her powerhead nothing, looked in the whole tank nothing and looked all around the outside of the tank in case she jumped and nothing.

Well I put some food in to try and entice her out of where ever she was and low and behold she pops out of the powerhead! So I think she was right inside of the device and I dont even know if that is possible or not?

I want to remove it but anytime I get remotely close to the tank she pops back into it. :frustrat: Any suggestions on how I can get her out of it? I dont want her to get stuck inside of the powerhead and not be able to get out.

Jenna

What kind of powerhead is it? Like a Koralia that you can take the front part off? Unplug the powerhead and take the front part off while it's in the tank. Then shake the fish out.

Can we get a pic?? :D

P2105848.jpg

The one part does come off and I have tried shaking her out but she holds on for dear life. I am afraid to shake her too hard lol! I accidently plugged it in 2 weeks ago and it shot her out but then I felt bad and let her go back in...I would plug it in again for a quick second but I am afraid it might chew her up.

Jenna

feed them on one side of the tank and when it goes to eat slowly take the powerhead out. i had a midas blenny that did that and needed to remove the rock it was in. it took me a couple of times but thats how i did it

I had a little Bi-Color that loved to live in powerheads.
I just took the impeller out of the one he liked so I wouldnt accidently plug it in on him.

Maybe I will try and just take the head off of the powerhead and leave that in there for her.

I know she will grow to big for it eventually and I want her to find a new home before that happens lol.

I have tried feeding him to get her out but he doesnt come out until I hide behind my closet door. By the time I crawl on the floor over to the powerhead she has spotted me and gone back into the powerhead!

If people could see me through my window they would think I am crazy lol!!

Jenna

You ARE crazy.You ARE a reefer.:mrgreen:

Your blenny will move on when it out grows the powerhead.Thats not a problem.

Back