Bicolor Angel

montezuma

Reefing newb
In the last month purchased 3 bicolor angels, they last a week and die.
Acclimate fine, eat well for 3-4 days, then get sliggish, stop eating and die.

Previously had one that was 3yrs old. No tank bullies, water tests fine, have had clowns, gobies, six line wrasse, blennies, and mushrooms and bulb anemones fluorishing for 4 years.

What gives???

In the last month purchased 3 bicolor angels, they last a week and die.
Acclimate fine, eat well for 3-4 days, then get sliggish, stop eating and die.

Previously had one that was 3yrs old. No tank bullies, water tests fine, have had clowns, gobies, six line wrasse, blennies, and mushrooms and bulb anemones fluorishing for 4 years.

What gives???

sorry to hear about the fish.....its tough especially when you dont know why they died, but maybe they had some sort of internal parasite or sumthing.

bicolors are a dwarf angel.

Did you purchase them from the same LFS? maybe they are being collected improperly, or they can have some sort of internal parasite that is in the area they were collected in.

Thanks, all.

Two were from the same dealer, one a different one. Never thought of a parasite..probably it. It just ticks me off to lose such beautiful.....and expensive fish.

Expensive? Mine was $25, I guess that's a lot when you add up the dead ones. I don't know what you could be doing to yours that's killing them, maybe it is from collection/shipping stress from going from the ocean to holding facil to overseas shipping to wholesaler to LFS to your place. It's really amazing to me that any wild caught fish can survive all of that. My Bicolor has defied all odds and has been alive in my tank for well over a year now. Besides my SPS' polyps, it eats formula pellets, mysis, cyclops, angel/butterfly frozen cubes, emerald feast, nori, and whatever sponges it can find. I believe sponges are a big part of the angels' diet for the most part in the wild. WHat are you feeding yours?

I have a big problem keeping angels alive for some reason. maybe its like yote told me, thats just a fish i was not meant to have. I have had to korans die on me and I have no idea why

Back