Bifferwine Deco Contest

Yeah, I've had the clam since the first week of the contest, and I've even had that SPS in there for a couple months. There's enough light. I don't know why people were all upset/worried about the light when we were picking out tanks. I kept saying the light was fine!

Thanks Cath. It means a lot coming from you!! :)

I went to my other LFS today. I didn't see anything for the tiny tank that caught my eye, though. It seems both of my LFS are more focused on big expensive colonies, rather than small, eye catching pieces that would look good in a pico. For example, neither of them have any interesting zoas. :(

I picked up a couple things over the Christmas weekend for my pico tank. Some orange/green/blue acans and some purple/pink palys.

Attachments

• 12-15-2010 001.jpg
    12-15-2010 001.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 358
  • 12-15-2010 003.jpg
    12-15-2010 003.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 340
I really like that paly colony.

So my 6g edge has two 13w CF bulbs in it. Those U-shaped ones.
I know the design of the tank/hood prevents all that light from giving me edge to edge coverage, but would the middle area be ok for a clam or other higher light organisms?

I really like that paly colony.

So my 6g edge has two 13w CF bulbs in it. Those U-shaped ones.
I know the design of the tank/hood prevents all that light from giving me edge to edge coverage, but would the middle area be ok for a clam or other higher light organisms?

I think so. If it's under the light, I think it would be fine.

OMG...the exterminator just came in and bug bombed the entire office. I was sitting at my desk and my throat and nose started burning, and I walked out to find the exterminator doing his thing.

I put a trash bag over my tank. But if I could feel it and smell it, I'm pretty sure some got into the tank. I don't know what to do.

Attachments

• downsize.jpg
    downsize.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 324
OMG...the exterminator just came in and bug bombed the entire office. I was sitting at my desk and my throat and nose started burning, and I walked out to find the exterminator doing his thing.

I put a trash bag over my tank. But if I could feel it and smell it, I'm pretty sure some got into the tank. I don't know what to do.

Holy crap!!!!!!
I would deffinantly let your employer know about this. They should have let everyone know that an exterminator was coming in and really dont that over the weekend. That :pooh: is dangerous!!!!

On a side note, growing up, we had to bug bomb our house in the fall to kill any of the bugs that came in to hide from the cold. We would just place a sheet over the fw tank and never had any fish die from the bomb.

I think you would have been in really bad shape had you been running a skimmer. With the skimmer mixing air with the water it would pretty much be making a bug spray/reef cocktail. Hope everything comes out ok, but the WC's and carbon will be your best friend in this situation.

Everything is okay! The garbage bag appears to have saved the day! I'm happy to report that good ol' Francine took the dose of pesticides like a champ! She'll now be mutant shrimp.

OMG Biff this sucks I know, I had this prob last month you and I talked about it in PM :( thats crazy on how no warning or nothing :grumble:grrrrr

Back