Bifferwine Deco Contest

You could also wrap the towel in a blanket when you turn the light off at night, that should help keep the heat in.

But what fish did you get?!?!?!?!

pics or it didn't happen!

Do you still have the lid? It really helped my tank stay stable overnight before I put the heater in.

C

I do have the lid, but the cutouts for the filter don't fit where I have mine, and I'd have to rearrange the rocks to make it fit. My coworker has made a temporary lid for it out of saran wrap for the meantime :)

I got a green clown goby. Her name is Muriel. She is doing fine. I also got a neon green hammer frag.

I keep meaning to bring in some stuff from home. But I keep forgetting!

Here is a pic of Muriel, and my new hammer frag. Still taken with the work camera. I have yet to bring in my good camera.

Attachments

• 07-29-2010 003.jpg
    07-29-2010 003.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 347
  • 07-29-2010 007.jpg
    07-29-2010 007.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 344
The clam is doing great. Even the SPS coral I got for the invisipandas (pocillopora) is doing fine. I am going to move it to my big tank though, since its colors are off under the PC lighting. In the store, it was bright pink. In the pico, it's dark brown. So it's kinda not worth having in the small tank.

Muriel thanks you for the compliment! I like her. She's really visible, always at the front of the tank, hopping around. Not like those damn invisipandas. :grumble:

The second heater seems to have done the trick -- the tank was about 77 when I got in this morning. I think I will have to leave it in there though. It just gets too cold in my office at night. :(

Last edited:
So Muriel the green clown goby...Disappeared into thin air. This morning I got into work early, before the lights came on. And I saw this guy plucking at the rocks. The photo is fuzzy because the lights were off, and I had to grab the work camera, but in the center of the picture you can see a very fuzzy brown crab, with dark brown pincers and beady little eyes. He's pretty big too -- about the size of a quarter. How did THIS get in there?!?! Once he was spotted, he went to the back of a rock and hid. :grumble: GREAT.

Edit: You can see the pocillopora in the top right corner. Who would have thought that SPS would do okay in this setup?

Attachments

• 07-29-2010.jpg
    07-29-2010.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 337
Here is the update on my tank.

Current inhabitants:
- Francine the fire shrimp
- clam
- red zoas
- elegance coral
- purple mushroom rock
- green candy canes
- neon hammer
- duncans
- pocillopora
- 2 panda gobies (damn pandas)
- 3 astraea snails
- 2 hermit snails
- 2 nassarius snails
- rogue flesh-eating gorilla crab

I just did a 50% water change -- I have been doing 50% monthly. The pandas are in there, but they live underneath the big rock. I have lifted the rock out a couple times, and there they are... Losers. I have never, ever seen them in the tank. They don't even use their pocillopora coral. So I'm removing that and taking it home to put in my big tank today.

I am starting to get a lot of coralline along the back, and you can see a few spots on the front (look where the snail is in the FTS). The acrylic is crawling with pods, and I must have hundreds of hydroid jellies on the front of it.

Everyone else is fine -- Francine is a rock star. My duncans have sprouted at least 4 babies (pic attached). I want to add another fish, but I can't until I get the rogue flesh-eating gorilla crab out. I haven't seen him since that day a couple weeks ago, but I know he's in there, and I know he killed and ate Muriel the green clown goby. :(

I'm headed to the LFS today to see what they've got for corals. I have a few sitting on the sandbed of my tank at home that I still need to bring in. I just keep forgetting. So here are pics, Francine the Rock Star, some baby duncans, a FTS, the clam and the tank looking down.

Attachments

• 12-15-2010 003.jpg
    12-15-2010 003.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 334
  • 12-15-2010 005.jpg
    12-15-2010 005.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 358
  • 12-15-2010 006.jpg
    12-15-2010 006.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 314
  • 12-15-2010 007.jpg
    12-15-2010 007.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 328
  • 12-15-2010 009.jpg
    12-15-2010 009.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 328
Thanks David. I haven't added anything to it in the last month or so. I have some blue zoas at home, and some armor of god palys I want to add to it, as well as a couple acan frags.

Back