Bifferwine

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by PRC, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PRC

PRC Stop Quoting Me!

I would just like to say something. I don't really know exactly what went on in regard to Biff, but I was raised to stick up for my friends. I think what is happening is wrong. Biff is a major part of this site and has given me more help on this site than anyone here. Sure, she's hot headed. That's what I like about her. She's not going to lay down and let you roll over her. In my book that's a good thing. And more often than not, she's right.

I agree some things are inappropriate for a reef site, BUT it's also contained in the OFF TOPIC FORUMS. I don't think you really have an argument if you get cussed out by Biff or see something inappropriate, and then accept her advice on your sick fish.

As far as the Avatars go, just keep it cool, why is it so difficult?..Can we all please just use some common sense?

Hopefully after Biff cools down a little she'll be back. I'm sure there are plenty of others who feel the same way I do.

PRC, Apr 25, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. PRC

Smitty

I agree with you PRC... :)

Smitty, Apr 25, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. PRC

cthegame

I also agree...I think the issue regarding the pics is one thing and the issue on how biff handles things is a totally different thing..so i dont like to make one an excuse to execute the other issue...

Also Smitty, i would like to say you have no reason to apologize, i really dont think any of this is about you personally...I didnt get a chance to comment since the thread was closed...

cthegame, Apr 25, 2010
    dcantucson likes this.
  4. PRC

ltljoker The Great Tang Herder

well I dont think people have the right to cuss anyone, no matter how pissed off you make them. I never cussed her and dont like being treated that way either. i dont have a probalum with biff but just some of her comments or attitude towards others. i am not gonna make this an issue but if you make comments like that then it will start all over again

ltljoker, Apr 25, 2010
    dcantucson likes this.
  5. PRC

SSalty Team Liquid Force

Gotta love forums, it happens on EVERYONE of them. My favorite truck forum is all f'd up right now because of drama.

SSalty, Apr 25, 2010
  6. PRC

Oscarsdad608

I don't think I will be coming back to this place again. I can't deal with the Biff bashing. I am sorry but she is the back bone of this place and knows every ones first name for crying out loud. Good by back stabbers.

Oscarsdad608, Apr 25, 2010
  7. PRC

Cathic Fish Wrangler

It isn't Biff bashing, no one here will disagree with the amount of people she has helped, or the effort she has put forth into this forum. This is a disagreement of how things have been handled and the treatment of others. Some people see a problem, and it is a Moderators responsibility to handle those things, that is what the disagreement is about, not whether Biff has helped people.

Cathic, Apr 25, 2010
  8. PRC

bjohanson1234 .........

No offense, but just because you get help from someone, anyone, doesnt need to be Biff, Cathic, you, or me just anyone in general, doesnt give them the right to cuss you out if they disagree. That being said, I do appreciate Biffs help, even if I dont agree with her 100% of the time. I would hate to see her or anyone else leave because of some percieved inequality. Things have gotten heated on many threads lately, from politics to taxes to sports. It seems to me that eventually things will simmer down a bit. Families have fights, freinds have fights usually, things do settle down after greivences are aired.

bjohanson1234, Apr 25, 2010
  9. PRC

Sharkie The Damsel Defender

I've stayed out of all the threads about the things that have happened this last few days because I wanted to see how things would pan out.

I just have a few things to say...

Aren't we all here for one reason? We all love reefs. Regardless of what the other person thinks or says we should all be respectful of each other, age, race, political party, or beliefs- we have all gotten along wonderfully compared to other sites. Each of us contributes in a different way to help each other out.

I do think its hurtful to cuss at people or put them down because they believe something different than you. My family is total right winged and Biff is very liberalized. That doesn't mean I don't respect her opinion, thats why when things tend to get name-callish or put downish (and I'm not blaming Biff for this, others have done the same to different people) I just stay quite. I've learned in my short life that its better to say nothing at all than to make things worse. Every family has its problems and this is one of those times. I don't want to see anyone leave because of something as silly as a fight over body parts. Sometimes things in life aren't fair and we have to accept that.

its like I tell my friends when they fight, can't everyone just act mature and accept things when things happen? Everything happens a certain way for a reason, we may not know what it is at the current time but eventually we'll learn.

I know I'm not very wise or very old, but stepping out of the circle and looking at things makes me think of how much better everything would be if people could get along.

Honestly, thats the reason I joined LR :) all the other reef sites out there tell you you're stupid if you do one thing different than their "master" self has done. Here we can joke with each other, poke fun at each other, or share our problems and be there to comfort one another.... weather its real or not, we're an online group of people that have become really similar to a family. When one of us loses a tank look at how many jump to help out by sending frags or something, ya know?

Lets get back to those times and put this mess behind us. Whats done is done and it should all be water under the bridge.

Now family, lets all have one big group hug and make up!

Sharkie, Apr 25, 2010
    JAG107, daugherty, ltljoker and 3 others like this.
  10. PRC

bjohanson1234 .........

+1 Sharkie

11. PRC

parrotchute DUSTOFF MEDEVAC

Sharkie is right. I really think it's making a mountain out of a molehill and that people are inventing drama where there really wasn't any.

Losing Biff is losing one of the pillars of this community.

parrotchute, Apr 25, 2010
  12. PRC

Picasso Seahorse Whisperer

There does seem to be a bit of general crankiness going on lately. There was some negativity going in the latest POTM and now this yuck. I'm glad I've been working so much and missed out on most of this. The thing that makes LR so cool is it's supportive environment and the diversity of people here. It is very cool that we are all so different, so opinionated and so respectful. I won't sit still for anyone bashing or backstabbing any of the members of this forum especially one who has been so supportive of LR's members. I also won't put up with any type of censorship. If someone wants to have an avatar or submit pics of boobs, penis' or any other body part then so be it. If someone wants to rant about politics, religion or any other ideas then let them have a soapbox. Pictures and ideas don't hurt people, people hurt people. Nope, won't put up with disrespectful, hypocritical backstabbing or censorship.

Picasso, Apr 25, 2010
  13. PRC

Ted Living one day at a time

All I can say is when I needed a friend Sarah was there for me. She doesnt know me except for this forum but she stayed up for hours talking to me when I got out of the hospital. She didnt need to but she did, yes she gets hot headed but she is also one of the kindest people I have ever had the joy of knowing. She is a woman of extremes and I wouldnt have her any other way.

Ted, Apr 25, 2010
  14. PRC

wontonflip I failed Kobayashi Maru

Biff, you've always been a tough girl, so I hope you just shake it off because the majority or us don't have issues with you; just a few, and really, you cannot please everyone.

I, for one, am like Catherine -- I think censorship sucks. The site's dynamic will change with this upcoming censorship. The saying "Sticks and stones can hurt my bones, but words can never hurt me" should be heeded -- if your feelings get hurt, there's a simple action you can do other than more hateful responses -- click on a different thread and read that instead! There were a couple of times where I didn't like where things were going or didn't like things that were said, so I just stopped posting in that thread and just never went back in. It's literally as simple as that. I took a breather, and shook it off. I realize there are sensitive people here, but you will encounter this type of drama in ANY place you go that involves people posting/saying things. I know because I've been around the block with online drama for 15 years, and no matter what medium, there is always drama. I love livingreefs because even with the drama, people seemed to shake it off from thread to thread for the most part.

Plus I actually have learned things with the debates (the good and the bad)...made me see things differently. Diversity is a good thing.

wontonflip, Apr 25, 2010
  15. PRC

Zissou What about my dynamite? VIP Member

Eh, comes with the territory of being a mod; you can't please everyone. If a couple of people can get under your skin enough to make you want to leave the board, then it's probably best not to be one.

I'm not a fan of censorship either, but there's a time and a *place* for everything. If I'm at work on my lunch break, somebody looking over my shoulder and seeing a pair of tits or somebody's junk is the last thing I should have to worry about when surfing a reef site.

Zissou, Apr 25, 2010
  16. PRC

Toolman RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH

Why is respecting another censorship? As a guy if I want to talk like I am in the locker room I make sure there are no women or children around. I was taught not to drop "f" bombs and such in a mixed setting and it bothers me when women do so and I can't. Why can't rooms for this be taged adults only or enter at your own risk, or put an automatic spell checker in that won't let the words slip out. If we can't respect each other with our written words how can we expect our kids to respect us as adults we lead by example. :twocents:

Toolman, Apr 25, 2010
  17. PRC

cthegame

a lot of you have this whole censor ship issues mixed up...

There are laws. There are certain ratings in the adult industry that they have to follow based on federal laws. Meaning any kind of full frontal nudity is not allowed to be shown in a public forum where children might hang out. It is strictly18+. this is not about what you think or what you desire, its about what is legal or not.

So no, you cant just post whatever you want unless all federal laws are followed...and this is NOT a 18+ only website.

As for Biff, this whole issue started out as a pic issue but it turned out to be a rant of some who have issues with her...well guess what peeps, she has been here alot longer and if you cant take her on a forum, then dont post. If you post and you are offended by responses, then go cry some place else...

I know this might offend a few people, but im speaking based on how i see things and i dont see a single reason why biff should not be here because people have issues with her. You can have issues with anything...heck now im sure some will have issues with me, but so what??? deal with it. Get my point? Just trying to say that you cant have your cake and eat it too...she has her own personality. She is a mod. She was here before you joined. She is mean. You joined a site with a mean mod...are you really going to expect her to change who she is because you cant handle it? No, she was here before you...you cant.

cthegame, Apr 25, 2010
    PRC, Smitty and parrotchute like this.
  18. PRC

rwynn Big Daddy

Wow...this got blown way out of proportion didn't it?

rwynn, Apr 25, 2010
  19. PRC

bjohanson1234 .........

+1 rwynn

20. PRC

ltljoker The Great Tang Herder

What alot of you guys are failing to see is this, if a member were to talk to somone like she does they get aske to tone it down. It has got to be the same for everyone. When Rc was being a bully he was asked to be nice I know cause he told me when I meet him. Anyways I really dont want biff to leave and she has never attacked me personally but its a shame that everyone doesnt have the same laws or rules :bowdown:

ltljoker, Apr 25, 2010
    daugherty likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question