Biff's 90 Gallon Downgrade

Very sorry to hear about all the tough times you have been going through. I am sure all the logistics of taking down the tank will come together. I know there are some locals that would be willing to help you out. Congratualtions on the expetation of your child and I wish you both the very best.

Wow, I'm speechless...i know first hand that life comes at you fast, and although you're getting rid of the tank (for now), you're doing the right thing by putting the more important priorities first, and I respect that. We love you Sarah, and will support you 100%. God bless, and continue to stay that strong, beautiful, intelligent woman I know.

We ALL knew that those corals were not going back to you. I just didn't think she would take it to this extreme. Just think Sarah about what those corals did to you! Which is nothing at all. :)

thank you for sharing with us a personal bit about what is going on in your life, biff. i know things will become more clear in how you will get through these moments in your life and soon you will be washed over with intrinsic happiness and hopefully calm. congratulations on the baby, best of luck.

That's a whole lot of things coming at you all at once! As a relatively new mother, I really sympathize with you. Baby, work, and school take an enormous amount of time, and it's completely understandable that you have to budget and prioritize that time, as well as money and space! I wish the best for you and your little one. And perhaps in a couple years, you can begin teaching him (or her) about the wonders of having a bit of the ocean right in your own home!

Wow Biff that was like reading an episode of a soap opera! My life used to be just like that and after many years I am happy that it has somewhat calmed down!!

Best of luck on school I have only 3 more classes to be done myself!!

And I cant wait to see mini Biff pics!

Thanks guys! I'm not really upset. This isn't the end! I'll have another tank -- probably sooner rather than later. But the time is not right now! It was really nice to read all your kind words.

The money is a big issue too. My house has been needing rewiring for a while. But I've been putting it off because it's expensive. So now that there's a baby on the way, all of a sudden getting the electrical work done is a priority. How funny, huh? :mrgreen: I still can't afford to get it all done at once, but I got some quotes for the first two rooms yesterday, and am getting another quote tomorrow. I think I can spread it out to get 2 or 3 rooms done every 2 months, and hopefully have it done by the time the baby arrives! If I was still spending tank money, I wouldn't have any baby money leftover! ;)

Sarah, I'm sorry to hear that your tank is coming down but I definitely think that you're doing it for the right reasons. Hopefully despite the fact that you won't have a tank you'll still hang around here on the reef. I know that my tank would not be nearly as successful as it has been had it not been for words of advice and encouragement that I got from you (as well as others here)

When you do set up a new tank at some point let me know, I'll frag things and send them your way

Good luck with the little one

When you do set up a new tank at some point let me know, I'll frag things and send them your way

That's an excellent idea! I'm on board with that too! Whenever you get a new tank set up (notice I say when, not if!), just let us know. I'm sure there are plenty of people here that would be willing to frag some corals to help you get started again. I know I'm one! I value good advice from good people, and your advice is always sound. What a way to get some killer cool corals too! There are a bunch of stunning ones in LR member tanks..........

I can see it now. When people are looking at her baby shower gift registry most of it will be fish and coral supplies. "Um, Sarah, what is a purple montipora capricornis? And why does the baby need it?"

Sad to hear, biffers, but totally understandable. If I were closer, I'd totally have tried to convince the hubby to let me adopt your guinea pigs as a charitable case LOL!! He hates guinea pigs, hamsters, rats, mice, and rabbits cuz he's scared of their teeth :shock:

Sad to hear, biffers, but totally understandable. If I were closer, I'd totally have tried to convince the hubby to let me adopt your guinea pigs as a charitable case LOL!! He hates guinea pigs, hamsters, rats, mice, and rabbits cuz he's scared of their teeth :shock:

I've had the guinea pigs for a couple years now. My oldest guinea pig ever lived to be EIGHT FREAKING YEARS OLD. My vet said he'd never even heard of a guinea pig living that long! I'm hoping these guys don't have that type of longevity. I think the "average" life span of a guinea pig is maybe 2 or 3 years, so they may be close to the end. When they pass away, I won't be replacing them. At least, not until the kid is old enough to enjoy pets like that and can help be responsible for them and stuff. Guinea pigs make fantastic pets for kids.

The dogs... They have been misbehaving so badly lately (they haven't been getting a lot of attention, between Corey working out of town and working long shifts when he is in town, and me being in bed sick most of the time, the dogs have been neglected). Those dogs are just lucky I haven't banished them to the yard permanently by now! They have been causing so much mischief.

Started the first phase of taking down this tank today. A coworker of mine came over and I gave him about 1/3 of my rocks. Next weekend, I plan to take the remainder of the rocks to the LFS for store credit, then I can catch my fish and give them to my coworker. After that, it's just a matter of taking stuff down and cleaning it up!

Back