Biff's 90 Gallon Downgrade

Hey Parrot, sorry that you aren't getting your corals back! I figured something would happen to "cause" her not to return them. I just didn't figure she would go all out and get pregnant.:mrgreen:

Hey Parrot, sorry that you aren't getting your corals back! I figured something would happen to "cause" her not to return them. I just didn't figure she would go all out and get pregnant.:mrgreen:

He will get corals back. Maybe not "his" originals, but I am not going to spend all my store credit on myself (and my non-existent tank)!

Wow, I've clearly missed a lot Biff, sorry to hear it your tank was really beautiful! But, things come up in life that have precedence, I have no doubt that the next tank you setup will be even better :Cheers:

Started the first phase of taking down this tank today. A coworker of mine came over and I gave him about 1/3 of my rocks. Next weekend, I plan to take the remainder of the rocks to the LFS for store credit, then I can catch my fish and give them to my coworker. After that, it's just a matter of taking stuff down and cleaning it up!
Hi Sarah, are you getting rid of your tank for good?
Allen (algy1943)

Thanks guys! I'm not really upset. This isn't the end! I'll have another tank -- probably sooner rather than later. But the time is not right now! It was really nice to read all your kind words.

The money is a big issue too. My house has been needing rewiring for a while. But I've been putting it off because it's expensive. So now that there's a baby on the way, all of a sudden getting the electrical work done is a priority. How funny, huh? :mrgreen: I still can't afford to get it all done at once, but I got some quotes for the first two rooms yesterday, and am getting another quote tomorrow. I think I can spread it out to get 2 or 3 rooms done every 2 months, and hopefully have it done by the time the baby arrives! If I was still spending tank money, I wouldn't have any baby money leftover! ;)
Congrats on having a baby, only just found out and i'm sorry to hear the tank is going, you have been an inspiration to all us who followed your advice when setting up our tanks, you are such a lovely person and I was thinking of you when I was watching the live match play golf in Arizona good luck and perhaps we will chat on facebook.

love Allen

Thanks guys; I'm getting rid of my 90 for good -- but that doesn't mean I won't be buying something new in the future when I have more time and money for it.

Sad day :( I keep showing pictures of your tank to people who want to know what a reef tank is. I can only dream that mine might look so awesome some day! So, you know, if you have any extra corals you can't find a home for, I'd be happy to take them off your hands for ya ;)

This will always be my favorite tank I ever had! I must say though, ever since I stopped buying stuff for my tank... Geez my bank account looks so much nicer! I never stopped to actually add up how much I was spending on my tank (probably a good thing -- or else I'd be dead of a heart attack by now). But it is definitely a noticeable change, not having my bank account be down to $23 every two weeks when my paycheck arrives!

The tank tear down continues this weekend. My mom is visiting for a few days from Massachusetts and Corey was complaining about how long it's taking me to get rid of this tank! So she decided that would be our project this weekend. :lol: Oh joy! There is a reason I have been procrastinating so badly, but it really needs to get done before the baby gets here, which is getting closer and closer.

So today I'm taking out all my rocks (which are so neglected at this point that they are covered in cyano and aiptasia), cleaning them off and drying them out (I can't sell them as live rock in this condition), and hopefully catching all my fish and bringing them over to my friend Mike's house, who has asked for all my fish.

I'd tell em that you planned on leaving it up as a bath tub for the baby. Power heads will supply that much needed jacuzzi feeling that she will need.

ok I'm tearing up Sarah I'm going to miss your Zoa's I loved it when you would post photos of them that one huge zoa rock was amazing and one of my fav :luxlove:out of your whole tank. Well good luck with the tear down I'm going to miss this tank.:bye2::cry:

What an ordeal! I got all of the rocks out. Then I had to wait about an hour for the water to clear for me to even see the fish. I caught three of them right away, but the other four fish were giving me problems and all I was doing was stirring up the muck. So I brought the three that I had over to my friend's house and put them in their new home. Then I made a divider out of cardboard to get the remaining four fish on one side of the tank. I immediately caught two of them, but now it's murky again and I can't see a thing, let alone the last two fish in there! The two in the bucket are stressed and laying on their sides. I'm wondering if I should just make the trip to bring them to their new tank, even though it's about an hour round trip, then come back to get the other two. I hate this stuff!!

I'd throw a powerhead in there, and let them be until you catch the other two...no need in making unnecessary trips and causing stress to yourself.

Back